When SRK sang for Kunal Ganjawalla (Movie Snippets)April 21st, 2011 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 21 (IANS) Singer Kunal Ganjawalla was in for a pleasant surprise when Bollywood badshah Shah Rukh Khan sang his popular song “Bheege hoth tere” for him recently.
Ganjawalla was in Kolkata for a performance and was invited for an afterparty for the victory of Shah Rukh’s Indian Premier League (IPL) team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR). As soon as the singer entered, Shah Rukh greeted him by singing a few lines from the song, and introduced him to cricketer Yusuf Pathan and others, as his favourite singer, said a source.
The singer was flattered.
“Shah Rukh bhai’s sense of humor is legendary…he has a sharp sense of humour and it is always delightful to meet him. He was in a jubilant mood after the team’s great performance and win and he really does like my song ‘Bheege hoth’, so hearing him sing it as a greeting to me was very cool,” he said.
Ganjawalla’s other popular songs include “Channa vey” and “Raat ke dhai baje”.
My ‘Dum maaro dum’ can’t be compared to original: Anushka Manchanda
Singer Anushka Manchanda is quite upset with the news that she is “furious” at veteran singer Asha Bhosle’s comments on the new version of the song “Dum maaro dum”. In fact, Anushka says the two songs are incomparable.
“Man! I leave the country for a few weeks and look what happens! There’s an article online which says that I’m furious with Asha Bhosle. The whole article talks abt how upset I am that Ashaji doesnt like the version of ‘Dum Maro Dum’ that I’ve sung..but the headline says I’m angry,” Anushka posted on her Twitter page.
She says such news is unnecessary.
“It’s Asha Bhosle..the voice of the nation..and someone goes and prints this bullshit. She’s gonna be like..who the hell is this chick?”
Anushka took help of the social networking site to clarify her stance.
“Anyway…I hope someone can tell her this for me..Ashaji..you are amazing. I can only hope that you might like the work ive done, someday…And though i’ve sung a version of ‘Dum Maaro Dum’, which I think kicks ass…it can never be compared to the original. She rocked that one…,” added the singer.
Pooja Batra to be honoured in Los Angeles
Actress Pooja Batra, who has been away from the Bollywood radar for a while, is being honoured by the LA County Sheriff’s Indo-American Advisory Council for her contribution to the South Asian-American community. She will also host an auction to raise funds for tsunami-hit Japan.
She will receive the award and host the auction April 28, said a source.
Pooja shifted to Los Angeles after her wedding to orthopaedic surgeon Sonu Ahluwalia in 2002, but filed for divorce in January.
She recently walked the red carpet of the 9th Annual Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles (IFFLA) to show her support to Indian films. Her company Glow Bell Inc has also associated with a Los Angeles-based casting company to help the latter set shop in India.
Kabir Sadanand works with SRK!
Actor-director Kabir Sadanand has directed an ad film featuring Shah Rukh Khan, as part of his first assignment under his production company Frog Unlimited.
Kabir, who has earlier made films like “Popcorn Khao Mast Ho Jao” and “Tum Milo Toh Sahi” directed the ad film with Shah Rukh Tuesday for Matrix Forex, said a source.
Kabir’s next ad film for Matrix Cellular, will feature cricketers from Shah Rukh’s Indian Premier League (IPL) team Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR).
- 'Dum Maro Dum' team wants Asha Bhosle for stage shows - Mar 29, 2011
- Punjabi boy Vipul Mehta wins 'Indian Idol 6' - Sep 02, 2012
- 'Dum Maaro Dum' music offers variety (IANS Music Review) - Mar 21, 2011
- Sowmya Raoh sings for Rani again! - Sep 19, 2012
- A Rocking ‘Mood Indigo’ Evening With Asha Bhosle And Amit Kumar - Dec 22, 2010
- Priyanka to pay tribute to Asha Bhosle at IIFA - Jun 24, 2011
- 'Jewel Thief' hit to feature in 'Ragini MMS' - Apr 13, 2011
- Playing Asha Bhonsle's daughter is a privilege: Padmini - Mar 27, 2011
- Asha Bhosle wishes for audience's love on birthday - Sep 06, 2012
- 'Dabangg' bags seven IIFA awards (Roundup) - Jun 26, 2011
- Asha turns 78, to celebrate with family - Sep 08, 2011
- I really envy all those who can sing: SRK (Bollywood Snippets) - Jul 03, 2011
- Asha Bhosle enters Guinness World Records - Oct 21, 2011
- Asha Bhosle launches 'Dhakku makum' at Lalbaugcha Raja (With Images) - Sep 19, 2012
- Asha Bhosle keeps grandsons away from today's films - Apr 19, 2012
Tags: afterparty, anushka manchanda, article talks, badshah, channa vey, dhai, ipl, kkr, knight riders, kolkata, maro, popular song, popular songs, sense of humor, sense of humour, shah rukh khan, social networking site, two songs, veteran singer, yusuf pathan