When Shah Rukh played a racing driver (Movie Snippets)May 11th, 2012 - 6:09 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 11 (IANS) Superstar Shah Rukh Khan unveiled a range of limited edition Tag Heuer watches along with Formula One driver Karun Chandok and recalled his role as a racing driver in “Baazigar”.
“Strangely, when I started off many years ago in a film of mine, ‘Baazigar’, I was supposed to be a Formula One racing car driver though I don’t think it was a Formula One racing car,” the 46-year-old told reporters here Thursday
“It was really difficult and I said that I am going to do the shot myself. I thought it was going really fast but the speed was just 40 to 50 kilometres but it just seemed very fast,” he added.
Shah Rukh’s last release was “Don 2: The King is Back” and he is currently shooting for Yash Raj Films’ untitled film with Katrina Kaif.
How Anil Kapoor prepares for a character
Actor Anil Kapoor finds it tough to describe his way of preparing for a character and says it’s a mix of lot of things.
“I am not one of those who can really express the way I prepare for a character. How I work on my character is very instinctive and very organic. Everybody has a very different way of working on their character,” the 52-year-old said here at the launch of author Hussain Zaidi’s book “Dongri to Dubai”.
“It’s research and instinct and how I feel, it’s a part of my personality also. It’s a mixture of so many things,” he added.
Anil is currently shooting for “Shootout at Wadala” where he plays ACP Isaque Bagwan while “Race 2″ also has him in the role of a police officer.
His last release “Tezz” saw him as an anti-terrorism officer.
Sanjay Gupta defends John Abraham
Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta is happy that actor John Abraham’s conviction in a 2006 accident case has been quashed by the Bombay high court.
“I think I am very happy with what has happened. There are some things that are still there but I just hope and pray. I don’t think John had done anything wrong. It was a natural accident and it was not his fault. So, if the authorities have seen it then I think there is still hope for us,” said Gupta.
John’s motorcycle had rammed into a bicycle on Carter Road April 8, 2006, injuring two riders. John was released under the Probation of Offenders Act, after being ordered to give a bond of Rs.10,000.
- 'Shootout...' was not possible without 'Dongri to Dubai': Gupta - May 11, 2012
- Anil wants leaner look after meeting Isaque Bagwan - Nov 18, 2011
- I want to be fit, not all muscles: Anil Kapoor - May 01, 2012
- Proud to co-star with Anil Kapoor: Ronit Roy - Dec 23, 2011
- Sanjay Gupta gets nod for character names in '...Wadala' - Dec 21, 2011
- Cops turn entertainers in Bollywood (Feature) - Jan 29, 2012
- I researched a lot about Manya Surve: John Abraham - Mar 02, 2012
- For Anil, charity more important - Nov 28, 2011
- John Abraham goes lean for 'Shootout At Wadala' - Feb 20, 2012
- 'Shootout At Wadala' is my 'Vaastav': John - Mar 27, 2012
- It's one of the greatest highs to play a villain: SRK - Dec 19, 2011
- Tusshar's new avatar: Aggressive-funny gangster - May 01, 2012
- I don't want to compete with Aamir Khan: Ekta Kapoor - Jul 21, 2012
- Sanajay Gupta moves on without Sanjay Dutt! - Mar 01, 2012
- Kangna follows Rekha, Smita's footsteps - Mar 19, 2012
Tags: accident case, actor john abraham, anil kapoor, baazigar, bagwan, bombay high court, car driver, character actor, filmmaker, formula one racing, john abraham, katrina kaif, kilometres, launch, racing car, sanjay gupta, shah rukh khan, snippets, tag heuer watches, yash raj films