When Robbie Williams laughed at naked Kylie MinogueSeptember 21st, 2010 - 2:45 pm ICT by ANI
Sydney, Sep 21 (ANI): Robbie Williams has admitted that he blew his chances with Kylie Minogue after drunkenly laughing at her when she was naked during the shooting for the video for hit single ‘Kids’.
Williams says in his new book You Know Me how the shock of seeing the woman he had fancied for years undressing made him burst into laughter and left her “offended”.
In the book, which was released this week and looks back at his 20-year pop career, Williams explained he had a crush on Minogue since her days on Neighbours in the late 1980s.
But after years of worshipping her from afar, he said he became “a bit of a teenage boy” in her presence during the shoot.
“I couldn’t figure out why my banter wouldn’t work, why my natural ability to just be myself went awry,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted him as saying.
Williams began drinking Drambuie liqueur “to get some Dutch courage, but it backfired”, the singer, recalled.
He had not been told that the scene would feature her taking off a robe to reveal she was wearing nothing but a tiny G-string.
“I just burst out laughing. Which I don’t think went down well with Kylie,” Williams said.
“I may have offended her too, because she must have felt vulnerable too, being naked on set, and being naked in front of me.”
“I think that any chance of anything disappeared when I laughed at her. Perhaps she likes being naked, but she probably doesn’t enjoy being laughed at by some Stokie idiot,” he added.
In the book, published by Ebury Press and co-written by Chris Heath, Williams says he has been too embarrassed to ever bring the incident up since. But he said he hoped that mentioning it in the book would go “some way” to serving as an apology. (ANI)
- When Robbie Williams offended Kylie Minogue - Sep 21, 2010
- Kylie Minogue tweets about her stalker & alerts the police - Feb 10, 2012
- Minogue's musical for next year - May 03, 2011
- Dannii Minogue reveals pain of living in sis Kylie's shadow in tell-all - Sep 26, 2010
- Kylie Minogue not to replace Dannii on 'The X Factor' - Apr 06, 2010
- I feel right with Velencoso: Kylie Minogue - Jan 28, 2012
- Blake Lively embarrassed after nephew sees her naked - Jul 03, 2012
- 'Kris is a brilliant dad', says Dannii Minogue - Sep 06, 2010
- Minogue meets sick children - Apr 02, 2011
- LTTE tortured and killed while fighting Indians: Book - Jul 12, 2012
- Minogue wants to be an actor again - Jun 09, 2012
- It's daughter over work for Halle Berry! - Jan 04, 2011
- Secret to Kylie's sexy looks - great underwear! - Jan 31, 2011
- Performing on stage was a challenge: Kylie - Jun 19, 2010
- I used to feel inferior to Kylie: Dannii Minogue - Dec 04, 2010
Tags: 1980s, apology, banter, chris heath, dutch courage, ebury press, g string, kylie minogue, laughter, liqueur, morning herald, natural ability, neighbours, pop career, presence, robbie williams, robe, shock, sydney morning herald, teenage boy