When McGregor was mistaken for Cobain’s ghost by a coupleMay 20th, 2009 - 12:30 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 20 (ANI): Scottish star Ewan McGregor has revealed how a couple once mistook him for the ghost of late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain.
He revealed that he was in London when Cobain ended his own life in 1994.
McGregor said that it was during a night out with his friends that he was accosted by a couple who were convinced he was the dead singer.
“This couple came around the corner and they saw me, and at the time I had quite long hair,” Contactmusic quoted him as telling Britain’s Heart FM.”I think it would be safe to say they were on some form of chemical enhancement. The guy thought I was Kurt Cobain and he looked at me and slightly panicked and grabbed hold of his girlfriend and he asked me if I was Kurt,” he added.
He even revealed that he did not make any clarifications, and let the couple believe that what they had seen was real.
“I just went, ‘Shhhh. Don’t tell anyone,’ and I left them really confused in the street,” he said. (ANI)
- Jake Gyllenhaal auditioned for 'Moulin Rouge' - May 04, 2011
- McGregor's 'The Pillow Book' embarrassment - Oct 10, 2011
- McGregor supports Unicef campaign - Apr 03, 2011
- Courtney Love 'wanted to snort dead husband Kurt Cobain's ashes' - Mar 16, 2011
- Grant snubs Polanski for romantic comedies - Apr 04, 2010
- Ewan McGregor says Los Angeles is better than London - Aug 02, 2010
- McGregor not in Madonna's movie - Mar 25, 2010
- Ewan McGregor still in love with Princess Leia from Star Wars - May 22, 2010
- 'Star Wars' team celebrates 30th anniversary of 'The Empire Strikes Back' - May 21, 2010
- Grant turns down chance to star in Polanski's 'The Ghost Writer' - Apr 05, 2010
- Jon Stewart all set to interview Nirvana's surviving members - Aug 26, 2011
- McGregor replaces Depp in Don Quixote movie - May 19, 2010
- McGregor to take part in charity yacht race - Aug 08, 2011
- Jim Carrey says Ewan McGregor is a great kisser - Dec 01, 2010
- Roman Polanski completed new film in jail - Feb 22, 2010