When JFK snubbed Frank Sinatra for Marilyn MonroeOctober 5th, 2010 - 3:09 pm ICT by ANI
London, Oct 5 (ANI): A major new biography of late Marilyn Monroe has revealed how her old flame Frank Sinatra had flown into a violent rage when President John Kennedy snubbed him for her.
Sinatra, who had been in a relationship with the actress, was furious when his friend JFK rejected a long-standing arrangement to stay at his luxury Palm Springs home.
The President had instead chosen to stay with Monroe at Bing Crosby’s nearby house on the night of March 24, 1962.
“Frank Sinatra had been expecting JFK and his Secret Service man to stay with him at his Palm Springs home,” the Daily Express quoted Keith Badman, author of ‘The Final Years Of Marilyn Monroe’, as explaining.
“In readiness for the visit, extra land was purchased and an additional guest house was built, an ultra-modern phone service installed and new concrete helicopter landing pad was constructed.
“Sinatra then learnt that Kennedy would be spending the night nearby at Crosby’s home instead. Fury engulfed him,” Badman said.
His rage was focused on Rat Pack colleague Peter Lawford, Kennedy’s brother-in-law, who had promised that the President would be staying with him that night.
“In a fit of fury, he picked up an axe and started to attack the prized items strewn around his house, many of which were purchased especially for the presidential visit,” Badman revealed.
“Sinatra armed himself with a sledgehammer and ran up the lodge’s stairs to the club’s roof where he vented his anger on another of his prized possessions: the recently modified concrete helicopter pad on which JFK’s helicopter was expected to alight,” he added.
Contrary to previous accounts Badman insists this was the only sexual encounter between Monroe and the President and that there was no long-standing affair. (ANI)
- House where JFK had affair with Monroe now on sale - Apr 29, 2012
- Frank Sinatra's New York penthouse up for sale - Aug 03, 2012
- Ted Kennedy's FBI File Released: JFK, Marilyn, and Teddy Sex Parties? - Jun 15, 2010
- New tapes could reveal mystery behind Marilyn Monroe's death - Apr 27, 2011
- Monroe spent her last night with mafia boss at Sinatra's lodge - Apr 29, 2011
- Sinatra's tuxedo shirt bought for $5 at yard sale could earn big at auction - Dec 29, 2010
- Jolie to star in Marilyn Monroe film - Aug 16, 2010
- Monroe, Kennedy's 'lovechild' loses right to JFK fortune - Oct 29, 2010
- Ted Kennedy had sex parties with brothers, Marilyn Monroe: FBI - Jun 15, 2010
- Jolie, Clooney not part of Marilyn Monroe biopic - Aug 18, 2010
- Angelina to play Marilyn? - Aug 17, 2010
- Frank Sinatra's Rat Pack Hangout Shuts Down - Apr 01, 2010
- Frank Sinatra used to have 12 showers in a day - Jun 03, 2011
- When Bono wrote a song for Sinatra - Dec 14, 2009
- Only image of Marilyn Monroe with JFK on sale - Jun 02, 2010
Tags: bing crosby, daily express, frank sinatra, helicopter landing, helicopter pad, john kennedy, keith badman, landing pad, late marilyn, new biography, old flame, palm springs, peter lawford, president john kennedy, prized possessions, rat pack, secret service man, sexual encounter, sledgehammer, violent rage