When I was modelling, size 10 was a normal size: Cindy CrawfordApril 21st, 2011 - 6:20 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 21 (ANI): Cindy Crawford, the former supermodel whose curves shot her to fame in the late 1980s, has spoken out about current modelling industry standards, saying she believes it would be hard for today’s generation of models to establish a career.
The 45-year-old claimed that the girls on the runaway and in magazines are shrinking and haven’t got the curves of their predecessors.
‘I just saw the CoverGirl commercial with Taylor Swift and I thought, “Wow, it is so hard for models to get a job these days,” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
‘You have to sing and act, too. There doesn’t seem to be as much work specifically just for models. And I also think when I was modeling, size 6 (UK size 10) was a normal size and now it’s like 2 (UK 6) or 0 (UK 4),” she added.
Crawford was one of the original supermodels alongside Naomi Campbell, Linda Evangelista, Claudia Schiffer, and Christy Turlington who reached the peak of their careers in the early 1990s. (ANI)
- Naomi Campbell opens up about career on catwalk - Sep 30, 2010
- Claudia Schiffer quits the catwalk - Oct 06, 2009
- Helena Christensen has no problems with nudity - Nov 30, 2009
- Eva Herzigova was 'intimidated' when she started modelling - Jun 19, 2010
- Judi Dench receives lifetime achievement award - Nov 09, 2011
- Carla Bruni's sexy lingerie pics before supermodel fame - Jun 30, 2009
- Kate Moss to take part in exhibition of worlds muses - Feb 19, 2009
- Campbell would've loved to be sprinter - Aug 11, 2012
- Yesteryears supermodels are back in vogue - Aug 02, 2008
- Crawford protecting daughter from media, not hindering her career - Mar 09, 2012
- I feel much healthier at 40 than I did in my 20s, says Claudia Schiffer - Sep 12, 2010
- Pole Dancing: Secret Of Cindy Crawford’s Happy Marriage! - Oct 19, 2010
- Naomi gets Elle honour - Feb 24, 2010
- Naomi Campbell organising fashion show for Haiti - Feb 06, 2010
- Naomi Campbell celebrates 25-year career at Dolce and Gabbanab bash - Sep 23, 2010
Tags: 1980s, christy turlington, cindy crawford, claudia schiffer, curves, daily mail, early 1990s, girls, job, linda evangelista, london, magazines, models, naomi campbell, predecessors, size 6, supermodel, supermodels, taylor swift