When Danny Boyles dad left him embarrassed as a kidMarch 2nd, 2009 - 2:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 2 (ANI): Slumdog Millionaire director Danny Boyle has revealed that his father once embarrassed him by getting him on stage to sing Danny Boy in front of the assembled drinkers in a bar, when he was just 11 years old.
The Oscar-wining director recalled the incident during his visit to St Mary’’s Catholic Social Club in native Radcliffe, Lancashire.
Boyle used to visit the bar to drink lemonade as a boy, while his father Frank worked as the club’’s part-time barman, reports the Independent.
Meanwhile, Boyle has admitted that he has no idea how his career will develop following the huge success of Slumdog Millionaire.
When asked about what are his plans for future, Boyle said hes yet to think about it.
“I have no idea. ”ve been promoting the film since September in America and I haven”t had time to do any planning. But I”m looking forward to planning something,” he said. (ANI)
- Boyle has no idea how his career will shape after Slumdog success - Mar 02, 2009
- Rahman to rock Olympics with Punjabi beats! - Jun 30, 2012
- Boyle agitates animal right activists - Jun 14, 2012
- Rahman hopes 'DAM 999' brings back Oscar - Dec 21, 2011
- Danny Boyle hides Oscar trophy in shoe box - Jan 27, 2011
- Danny Boyle may helm 2012 London Olympics opening ceremony - Jun 06, 2010
- Proud to co-star with Anil Kapoor: Ronit Roy - Dec 23, 2011
- 'Slumdog...' experience best for Freida - Aug 15, 2011
- Fairytale ride continues for 'Slumdog Millionaire' children - Mar 22, 2012
- Dev Patel rules out working with Freida Pinto again - Jul 06, 2010
- Slumdog Millionaire's child star's family home destroyed in huge fire - Mar 05, 2011
- Danny Boyle awarded British Film Institute Fellowship - Oct 28, 2010
- Danny Boyle to receive special award at BFI London Film Festival - Sep 30, 2010
- Rahman gets BAFTA nomination for '127 Hours' music - Jan 18, 2011
- 'Slumdog' director has a 'couple of ideas about India' - Sep 12, 2010