When Christian Bale wouldn’t watch news after Ledger’s deathMay 7th, 2009 - 11:11 pm ICT by IANS
London, May 7 (IANS) “The Dark Knight” star Christian Bale has confessed he refused to watch news after his co-star from the blockbuster hit Heath Ledger died, fearing gossipy coverage would tarnish his memories of his friend.
Contactmusic.com reports, Bale was left stunned after Ledger, who played the villainous Joker to his Batman in the 2008 superhit, died from an accidental prescription drug overdose in January 2008.
He chose to block out all reports about his friend’s tragic passing because he didn’t want to hear uninformed outsiders speculate about Ledger’s death.
“I paid no attention to it. I knew him, I knew the family and why the hell would I sit there listening to idiots who don’t know anything at all? I literally didn’t read anything, didn’t watch anything (after he died),” he said.
“If I happened to be watching anything that came on, I switched over straight away. It’s incredible the way the voyeuristic outlook is accepted as news,” he added.
- When Joker made Batman cry - Jun 06, 2012
- Christian Bale never saw coverage of Heath Ledger's death - May 07, 2009
- No replacement for Heath Ledger's Joker role in Batman - Jun 07, 2010
- Unseen footage of Heath Ledger to be used in next Batman movie? - Dec 02, 2010
- Garfield looks up to Ledger's 'Joker' performance for Spiderman role - Nov 26, 2010
- No Joker In "Batman 3"? - Jul 17, 2010
- Australian rapper to release Ledger's last work - Jul 12, 2010
- Watching Heath Ledger was dazzling: Oldman - Jul 03, 2012
- No replacement of Ledger in 'The Dark Knight' sequel - Jun 08, 2010
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' Not The Last Batman Movie For Christian Bale? - Jan 23, 2011
- Garfield takes inspiration from Ledger for Spider Man role - Nov 26, 2010
- Rohan Sippy's film with Ayushmann, Kunaal, goes on floors (Movie Snippets) - Jul 22, 2012
- No Heath Ledger In Dark Knight Rises - Dec 05, 2010
- 'The Dark Knight' sequel to hit screens in 2012 - May 02, 2010
- Heath Ledger 'hated taking his pills' - Jul 07, 2010