What’s common between Aamir Khan and Roger Federer?June 9th, 2009 - 4:56 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 9 (IANS) Roger Federer’s historic French open win Sunday has gone down so well among the sport’s enthusiasts that even Bollywood superstar Aamir Khan couldn’t stop drawing parallel between himself and the Swiss.
The 27-year-old is infamous for shedding tears after winning a trophy and Aamir thinks even he does the same after his films do well at the box office.
“Federer finally wins the French Open. I’m so happy for him… But he is certainly the only one to cry like a baby each times he wins a final! Thats one thing I share in common with him. I cry like hell each time any of my films does well, but I also cry when they don’t,” Aamir posted on his blog www.aamirkhan.com Tuesday afternoon.
Federer created tennis history when he defeated Robin Soderling 6-1, 7-6 (7-1), 6-4 and won the French Open title to become the sixth man in tennis history to win all four majors.
Federer also joined Pete Sampras as the biggest winner ever in the sport and the latter even went on record to say that the former went on to earn the title of “best tennis player in history”, even before winning the Roland Garros.
Aamir, however, is against such titles.
“Sampras says he (Federer) is the best ever tennis player in history. I’m not sure if there is such a thing. Quite frankly each of the leading players of their time were equally difficult to beat. (Bjorn) Borg, Sampras himself, not to mention (Rod) Laver,” Aamir further wrote.
- Clay king Nadal lifts emphatic fifth title in Paris (Lead) - Jun 06, 2010
- Nadal wins record seventh French Open (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Nadal beats Federer, wins sixth French Open crown (Lead) - Jun 06, 2011
- Gracious Sampras pays tribute to king of the Slams - Jul 06, 2009
- Leading Grand Slam winners - Jul 09, 2012
- Federer makes history with French Open title (Lead) - Jun 07, 2009
- I dare to dream: Djokovic - Feb 07, 2012
- Federer wins French Open to complete Grand Slam - Jun 07, 2009
- The top male tennis player of all time - Jimmy Connors - Mar 02, 2011
- US Open: Djokovic, Federer, Williams advance as retirements continue - Sep 04, 2011
- Soderling can beat anyone: Borg - Jun 01, 2009
- Federer makes history with 15th Grand Slam title - Jul 06, 2009
- French Open champion Li Na wants to 'remain the same' - May 26, 2012
- Nadal, Djokovic eyeing history in French Open final (Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Sampras, Moya join hometown hero Li Na for exhibition tournament - Dec 17, 2011
Tags: aamir khan, borg, box office, enthusiasts, films, french open, french open title, majors, New Delhi, pete sampras, robin soderling, rod laver, roger federer, roland garros, sixth man, superstar, tennis history, tennis player, trophy, tuesday afternoon