What keeps Hugh Jackman in shape?January 6th, 2009 - 3:45 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jan 6 (ANI): Aussie actor Hugh Jackman has revealed that he sticks to a very strict diet of protein and vegetables, and exercises six times a week to keep his body in shape.
Jackman, 40, who was voted People magazine’’s Sexiest Man Alive in November last year, follows the routine religiously, allowing himself only little treats.
I get up at 4am and eat egg whites, then every three hours after that. I have a combination of protein or steamed vegetables and brown rice. Then after midday, no rice or carbohydrates. It’’s just vegetables and meat or fish, Contactmusic quoted him as saying.
Im not going to live this way for the rest of my life. I do have treats, I love dark chocolate, beer and red wine. I love going out for dinner and do cheat sometimes.
I train for an hour and a half a day, five days a week - weights, treadmill, rowing, everything. Then I do what my trainer calls ”a play session” on the sixth, which previously would have killed me in itself, he added. (ANI)
- Bangkok's insect food: protein-rich cricket cookies, bamboo-worm pizzas (Feature with pics) - Mar 25, 2012
- Rihanna's workouts in wee hours - May 10, 2012
- Dine on Nobel 2010 spread for Rs.8,000 - Oct 16, 2011
- Hugh Jackman reveals workout regime for 'X-Men Origins' - Apr 09, 2009
- Katy Perry loves skipping - Jan 22, 2011
- Hugh Jackman's looks most sought after by men - Oct 07, 2009
- Beat diabetes with a wheat and rice free diet - Aug 05, 2011
- Shah Rukh, Hugh Jackman's 'Dhak Dhak' moment - Mar 25, 2011
- Vanessa White gives up drinking to be in shape for upcoming tour - Nov 23, 2011
- Rihanna's love for chocolate ice cream - Aug 15, 2011
- Indian Christmas with desi fusion fare - Dec 23, 2011
- Mendes doesn't mind eating carbohydrates - Aug 12, 2011
- Stay off the booze - Hugh Jackman's advice to this year's Oscars hosts - Feb 20, 2011
- Jackman's son wishes dad wasn't famous - Jun 16, 2012
- It's chocolates, treadmill and music for campaigner Mamata - Mar 28, 2009
Tags: 4am, actor hugh jackman, brown rice, dark chocolate, egg whites, exercises, half a day, hour and a half, hugh jackman, midday, people magazine, protein, red wine, rest of my life, sexiest man, six times, strict diet, treadmill, vegetables, weights