West wants to build amusement parkMay 30th, 2012 - 6:01 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, May 30 (IANS) Rapper-turned-fashion designer Kanye West has set his sights on building an amusement park.
“What I want to do post-Grammys is I want to work on cities, I want to work on amusement parks, I want to change entertainment experiences or life,” contactmusic.com quoted West as saying.
West has already used his fame and success to open his own restaurant chain and has launched a women’s clothing line. He also premiered his first short movie “Cruel Summer” at the 65th Cannes film festival.
He plans to complete the new project in partnership with creatives at his new design firm Donda. He is already looking to tragic fashion icon Alexander McQueen and “Mirror Mirror” filmmaker Tarsem Singh for inspiration.
“Something like if McQueen or Tarsem was to meet the entertainment value of a Cirque du Soleil (circus arts company) or a Walt Disney. With the Donda company, this is our first installation,” he said.
- Kanye West launches new design company - Jan 06, 2012
- West slams mens' fashion in US - May 10, 2012
- Kanye West insists on designer crockery - May 29, 2012
- West prefers Kim's natural look - May 23, 2012
- Kim Kardashian's sister wants her to date Kanye - Mar 15, 2012
- Kardashian spent night with West? - Apr 24, 2012
- Kanye West 'to join fashion school' - Mar 05, 2011
- Jessica Parker honours designer Alexander Mcqueen - Jun 09, 2010
- Rahman performs at Oscars again - Feb 27, 2012
- Gaga pays tribute to McQueen in new album - May 24, 2011
- Kanye West angers PETA with song - Apr 07, 2012
- McQueen's successor to design Kate Middleton's wedding dress? - Mar 07, 2011
- Kanye gives style tips to Kim - May 27, 2012
- Fashion world mourns loss of "genius" designer Alexander McQueen - Feb 12, 2010
- MJ music to be used for circus show - Apr 21, 2010
Tags: alexander mcqueen, amusement park, amusement parks, cannes film festival, circus arts, cirque du soleil, clothing line, contactmusic, creatives, cruel summer, entertainment value, fashion designer, fashion icon, filmmaker, grammys, inspiration, kanye west, mirror mirror, tarsem singh, walt disney