‘West Memphis Three’ Defended By Johny DeppJuly 25th, 2010 - 4:30 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
July 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The West Memphis Three case was revisited in the latest episode of ‘48 Hour Mystery’ on CBS this Saturday. The trio became a hot search yet again as celebrities of the likes of Johny Depp spoke on the show and pleaded for the release of the three men. Johny Depp has also explained to the ‘48 Hours’ correspondent Erin Moriarty why he is pushing for the cause of the West Memphis Three. The show highlighted the controversial case of the West Memphis Three that involved the tragic conviction of Damien Echols and Jessie Misskelley and Jason Baldwin.
Johny Depp along with other celebrities like Natalie Maines have been dedicated to the cause of the three men who were convicted wrongly for the murder of three young children. Several legal experts and other investigators have argued that none of the evidence point towards the three teenagers (at that time) who were convicted. The ‘48 hours’ episode also focused on Lorri Davis who is the wife of the accused Damien Echols and is also helping the three men to fight for justice.
Damien Echols has been on the death row for the last 16 years and the show also showed how he craves for the simple things like walking on grass and rain. The man has now turned 35 and most reports claim that he has spent his entire adult life in prison on death row for a crime that he may not have committed. Johny Depp himself spoke about Damien Echols and said that he is convinced of the innocence of the three persons who were convicted without a just trial.
- '48 Hours' Revisits The Tragedy Of Damien Echols Of The West Memphis Three - Jul 25, 2010
- Johnny Depp voices support for West Memphis Three - Feb 23, 2010
- Johnny Depp, Eddie Vedder Get Together On Stage For The West Memphis Three - Sep 02, 2010
- Johnny Depp wants to defend the West Memphis Three murders - Feb 24, 2010
- Johnny Depp Battles for West Memphis Three - Feb 24, 2010
- Johnny Depp Pitches In For West Memphis Three - Feb 24, 2010
- Dixie Chicks lead singer sued for defamation - Dec 05, 2008
- Depp wants normal day with kids - Nov 11, 2011
- Alec Baldwin drops pants on TV show - Jun 22, 2012
- Johnny Depp To Star In "Snow White"? - Nov 02, 2010
- Sir Tom Jones wanted singing advice: Jessie J - Mar 27, 2012
- Unmarried Celebrities Happier? - Aug 20, 2010
- Girl survives window lightning strike - May 13, 2011
- Johny Depp 'wants Brad Pitt for 'The Lone Ranger' remake' - Dec 02, 2010
- Johnny Depp: Explored His Artistic Side In Venice! - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: adult life, controversial case, conviction, correspondent, damien echols, death row, evidence point, innocence, jason baldwin, jessie misskelley, kar, legal experts, life in prison, lorri davis, meena, moriarty, natalie maines, three men, three persons, west memphis three