Wendell Rodricks splashes water on the LFW rampAugust 21st, 2011 - 2:05 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 21 (IANS) Drawing inspiration from the majestic Himalayas, the major source of water in India, Goa-based designer Wendell Rodricks presented the ethereal organic “Himalayan Live Natural Collection” to end the fourth day of the Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) Winter/Festive 2011.
“We really enjoyed doing this collection. It took us only three weeks to finish it, but three months to conceptualise it. I just wanted the audience to leave saying that they saw something natural, beautiful and glamourous. And towards that I explored the different qualities of water, which we brought alive on the ramp,” Rodricks told reporters here.
“I also took a keen interest to make sure that the accessories, the wooden beads and everything from the shoes upward, looked natural,” he added.
Models sporting fluid sensuous garments, made from natural and organic fabrics, flowed down the ramp in a serene manner.
Using fabrics that were completely aligned to the theme, Rodricks had natural dyed cotton linen, pure silk and pleated fabrics as the foundation of the collection. The colour palette had soft pastels and splashes of fuchsia.
The collection was divided into four sections - “The Naturally Yours” line with linen as the base with natural flowers and bark had ethereal creations in pristine white, yellow and wood, “Indian Water” with silk as the base, “Mountain Brooks with Sparkling Water” created with ripple pleated fabric to achieve the sparkling water detailing, and the “Raani Pink Carpet Glam” look that ended the show with ultra stylish kaftans and sari gowns embellished with laser cut acrylic water drops.
When asked as to why he did not rope in a celebrity showstopper, Rodricks - who is well-known in Bollywood - said: “I could have well chosen an actress as a showstopper but I stayed away from it because this is about fashion and I think we need to start keeping the actors and the actresses in the first row audience.”
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
- GOW actress Huma puts her best foot forward at LFW - Aug 07, 2012
- Wendell Rodricks impresses with vibrant men's week debut - Aug 29, 2010
- Wendell displays his 'Timeless' collection at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Designer mixes Persian prints with punk look - Aug 20, 2011
- Debarun Mukherjee ropes in Shahana as his showstopper (With Image) - Mar 02, 2012
- 'Fly me to the moon', says Narendra Kumar through LFW show - Aug 19, 2011
- From huts to high streets: Khadi comes of age (Feature) - Sep 30, 2011
- LFW Winter-Festive puts spotlight on new talents, Indian weaves (Curtain-raiser ) - Aug 01, 2012
- Richa Chadha to walk for Debarun at LFW (With Image) - Jul 27, 2012
- Kareena helped in brand building: Pankaj-Nidhi - Aug 08, 2012
- If Deepika Padukone has a Christian wedding - Oct 11, 2011
- Rodricks showcases his exquisite collection at Goa - Nov 14, 2009
- Goa beach jam sessions inspire Rodricks' new collection - Nov 02, 2011
- Anurag attends Kalki's ramp show - Aug 20, 2011
Tags: colour palette, cotton linen, india goa, indian water, kaftans, lakme fashion week, laser cut, majestic himalayas, mountain brooks, natural flowers, organic fabrics, pink carpet, pleated fabric, pleated fabrics, row audience, soft pastels, source of water, sparkling water, wendell rodricks, wooden beads