Wendell Rodricks: No longer Mentor For Gen Next In The Lakme Fashion WeekJanuary 22nd, 2011 - 4:34 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Ace fashion designer Wendell Rodricks is a disillusioned man these days. According to latest reports, the designer was in for a big surprise or rather shock when he discovered that his name was no longer enlisted in the upcoming LFW or Lakme Fashion Week. Most amazingly the designer has been replaced by Akki Narulla as a mentor for young and budding designers or the Gen Next at the event.
According to reports in popular tabloids, Wendell has expressed his shock for not being included in the event as a mentor but he however, did accept that it really did not matter who the mentor was as it was quite a job to get the new crop of talented upcoming designers to focus on their work.
Reportedly the ace designer had resigned from the advisory board of the LFW in 2009 and thus he had no clue as to what or who had applied for the Gen Next category. He stressed that those who did apply for the Gen Next were selected through a fair process.
Further reports suggest that things at the fashion week have changed considerably and everyone is not exactly happy with the way things are being handled at the do. However, with Wendell out of the fashion week, his well wishers and buddies do feel that this is a great loss to the Indian fashion scene and the effects of it will be visible sooner rather than later in the entire fashion segment of India.
- LFW Winter-Festive puts spotlight on new talents, Indian weaves (Curtain-raiser ) - Aug 01, 2012
- 86 designers to showcase at LFW Winter fest - Jul 11, 2012
- Strong international presence at LFW opening show - Mar 11, 2011
- Wendell displays his 'Timeless' collection at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- LFW Winter/Festive 2011 all about business (Curtain raiser) - Aug 15, 2011
- Wendell Rodricks splashes water on the LFW ramp - Aug 21, 2011
- Lakme Fashion Week March 1-6 next year - Oct 18, 2011
- LFW advances winter/festive edition to August - Apr 05, 2011
- Wendell Rodricks protests against illegal mining, closes boutique - Sep 14, 2012
- A potpourri of business for designers at LFW (Review) - Aug 22, 2011
- Festive wear to dominate LFW runway (Preview) - Sep 16, 2010
- Lakme Fashion Week to pay tribute to Indian textiles - Feb 29, 2012
- A debut after 40 years and book in making, Pallavi Jaikishan on a roll - Jul 21, 2012
- Kallol Datta, Pankaj-Nidhi to present LFW grand finale - May 24, 2012
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
Tags: ace, advisory board, buddies, clue, designers, disillusioned man, fashion designer, fashion scene, India, indian fashion, job, lakme fashion week, lfw, mentor, segment, surprise, tabloids, well wishers, wendell rodricks