‘Welcome’ has almost tripled Nana Patekar’s salaryApril 3rd, 2008 - 12:20 pm ICT by admin
By Subhash K Jha
Mumbai, April 3 (IANS) Actor Nana Patekar has hugely benefited from Anees Bazmi’s “Welcome” hitting bull’s eye at the box office — the comic caper’s success has led to his market price skyrocketing. Nana is now getting what he used to command during “Krantiveer” and “Tiranga”. ” ‘Welcome’ has almost tripled my salary,” the actor said.
“I’m glad the film has worked. As far as I’m concerned, I’m done with a project after I dub and promote it. It was a pleasure doing something in that satirical tone. All of us - director Anees Bazmi, Anil Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Mallika Sherawat and I - we worked hard,” Nana, who scorched headlines recently when Tanushree Datta accused him of “indecent behaviour”, told IANS.
Nana says he has never worked so hard and so much. And so what if his speed was somewhat stymied recently when he injured his leg.
He said: “But now I’m ready work again, though nothing strenuous to start with. I’ll first finish my three days’ work for Rakesh Sarang’s ‘Horn O.K. Pleassse’. Those poor guys have been waiting patiently for me to recover so they could complete their work.
“Sarang, the new boy Muzammil Ibrahim and the girl Rimii Sen. And that TV actor Asgar Ali…. What talent he has! In our industry there’s no dearth of talent. And I’m proud to be a part of it. My God! 35 years have just passed by! I started with Muzaffar Ali’s ‘Gaman’. But even before that I did bit parts here and there.”
The 54-year-old is super-excited about “Horn O.K. Pleassse”, which also has Tanushree.
“It’s a very unique comedy. And I’ve enjoyed this experience tremendously. I’ve also said yes to Satish Kaushik for another unique project called ‘Lal Bihari Mritak’, a true-life story of a man who had to run from pillar to post to prove he was alive. I need to work out my dates with Satish.”
Yes, that’s how busy Nana is these days.
- Anees Bazmee Signs Irrfan Khan, Suniel Shetty and Celina Jaitley for Thank You - Apr 01, 2010
- Sanjay, Ajay 'Ready' to meet Salman in Bangkok - Feb 12, 2011
- 'Foodistan' winner wants to cook for Big B (Movie Snippets) - Mar 23, 2012
- I submit to capable directors, otherwise I fight: Nana Patekar (Interview) - May 13, 2011
- The battle of two comedies: Who will blink first? - Dec 05, 2010
- 'Horn Ok Pleassss' - a truck driver's hilarious love story (IANS Preview) - Dec 29, 2008
- "I Can't Afford Akshay": Producer Feroz Nadiadwala's 4 Years' Wait For Akshay Kumar In Hera Pheri - Aug 28, 2010
- I can't afford Akshay Kumar, says Feroz Nadiadwala - Aug 26, 2010
- I Did Not Make 'Krantiveer- The Revolution' To Launch My Daughter Jehan- Mehul Kumar - Jun 25, 2010
- "Yes, It's Asin" Confirms Anees Bazmi - Mar 30, 2010
- Sonam on Her New Favourite Akshay Kumar - Sep 07, 2010
- Abhishek to star in Dostana 2, Dhoom 3 - Jul 11, 2010
- Anees Bazmi unfazed by not getting 'Singh Is Kinng' sequel - Jan 15, 2010
- Akshay Kumar - Anees Bazmi in a fix - Dec 05, 2009
- Abhishek Is Neck-Deep In Action Flicks - Jul 10, 2010
Tags: akshay kumar, anil kapoor, asgar, bit parts, comic caper, dearth, gaman, indecent behaviour, krantiveer, lal bihari, mallika sherawat, muzaffar ali, nana patekar, rakesh, sarang, satish kaushik, subhash k jha, tanushree datta, true life story, tv actor