Weisz loves being US citizenAugust 10th, 2012 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
New York, Aug 10 (IANS) British actress Rachel Weisz, who got US citizenship last year, is excited about the fact that she can now vote in the US.
She lives here with husband Daniel Craig and her six-year-old son Henry.
“I applied for citizenship because I thought I would go back to England for a while and lose my green card. I am not going back now, but being a citizen means I can vote here, which is exciting; not just being an outsider,” contactmusic.com quoted Weisz as saying.
“When I come back into the country now and they stamp my passport, they say, ‘Welcome home ma’am’. I think that’s a lovely formality. No one in England would ever say that,” added the 42-year-old.
While she is happy living in the US, she misses her friends back home.
“I still have a place in London and love spending time there. I miss my friends who I grew up with, my girls. It’s a different relationship,” she said.
- Weiz happy marriage hasn't domesticated her - Aug 08, 2012
- Rachel Weisz doesn't think son will act - Aug 09, 2012
- Rachel Weisz could be the next Bond girl - Jan 13, 2011
- Young man, older woman: Relationship rules changing - Nov 08, 2011
- Work hits Daniel Craig's personal life - Sep 05, 2012
- I have countless flaws: Rachel Weisz - Aug 02, 2012
- Hudson impressed by polite Bellamy - Jan 30, 2011
- Actresses look sexier: Rachel Weisz - Aug 07, 2012
- Going unnoticed is easy, says Rachel Weisz - Jul 25, 2012
- Winslet forms anti-cosmetic surgery group - Aug 19, 2011
- Weisz revamps home for Craig - Jul 01, 2011
- Michelle Williams thinking about quitting acting - Sep 21, 2011
- In US, Zeta-Jones misses family - Jun 17, 2012
- Daniel Craig kisses new wife Rachel on their first public appearance - Jul 29, 2011
- Weisz worries about being jobless - Oct 29, 2011
Tags: british actress, citizen, citizenship, daniel craig, england, formality, girls, green card, husband daniel, love, outsider, passport, place in london, rachel weisz, relationship, son henry, spending time