We have re-shot portions of ‘Milenge Milenge’: Satish KaushikMay 7th, 2009 - 8:47 am ICT by IANS
By Subhash K. Jha
Mumbai, May 7 (IANS) The producer of “Milenge Milenge” is leaving no stone unturned to ensure that his film, which features Kareena Kapoor and Shahid Kapur and has been long in the making, appeals to movie buffs. Director Satish Kaushik admits that portions of the film that might have got dated have been even re-shot.
“Yes, we have re-shot portions of ‘Milenge Milenge’ in Delhi. The entire film is set in Delhi, just like my other hit film ‘Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai’ with Kareena. In fact, I was supposed to do another film with Kareena (’Dil Chor’ with Abhishek Bachchan) for Boney (Kapoor). Instead we did ‘Milenge Milenge’,” Kauhsik told IANS.
Interestingly it was Kareena who recommended Shahid for the role. Both were seen together in “Fida” (2004). The film didn’t do well at the box office but their next release in 2007, “Jab We Met”, was a blockbuster.
Kareena broke up with Shahid while working on “Jab We Met” but Kaushik says her personal relationship never interfered with “Milenge Milenge”, which is being produced by Boney Kapoor.
“Both Kareena and Shahid have been complete professionals. If ‘Milenge Milenge’ has taken so long to be completed, it’s not because of the artists. Everything from my personal family problems to the tsunami happened to ‘Milenge Milenge’.
“One schedule in Bangkok got cancelled at the last minute. Tsunami struck and everyone got washed away in the tides where we were supposed to shoot. If the film could survive the tsunami, what’s a bit of negativity about a delayed project? ‘Pakeezah’ and ‘Mughal-e-Azam’ were in the making for decades,” he said.
“Milenge Milenge” got another jolt when Salman, who was supposed to make a special appearance, opted out because he discovered he couldn’t get along with Shahid.
Far from putting the project on the backburner, Boney and Kaushik are more determined than ever to release “Milenge Milenge” this summer. The movie is their version of Peter Chelsom’s 2001 romantic comedy “Serendipity”.
The film is about two people involved elsewhere who after a chance encounter decide to give their feeling for one another a chance to grow.
- Boney Kapoor-Satish Kaushik Secretly Re-Shoot Portions Of Kareena-Shahid Film - May 07, 2009
- Kareena Kapoor-Shahid Kapoor to shoot for music video - Feb 02, 2010
- Kareena not playing truant for 'Milenge Milenge' promos - May 28, 2010
- This is the best time to release 'Milenge Milenge': Satish Kaushik (Interview) - Jun 04, 2010
- Kareena, Shahid not to promote 'Milenge Milenge' together - Mar 15, 2010
- Kareena and Shahid Won't Be Promoting Their Film Together - Mar 15, 2010
- Movie Review: Milenge Milenge (2010) - Jul 09, 2010
- 'Milenge Milenge' about loving and forgiving (IANS Preview) - Jul 05, 2010
- Boney bears the brunt of Shahid - Kareena breakup - May 19, 2010
- Boney Kapoor's Milenge Milenge Fetches Rs. 8.6 Crore For Its Satellite Rights. - Jul 08, 2010
- Boney Kapoor: "Now Milenge Milenge Release Depends on Kareena" - Apr 08, 2010
- Boney Kapoor readying 'Milenge Milenge' for release - Apr 25, 2008
- Kareena's 'Milenge Milenge' Opens Better Than 'Main Aurr Mrs Khanna' - Jul 13, 2010
- Kareena Burns The Midnight Oil To Dub For Shahid Starrer : "I'll Support Milenge Milenge No Matter Who The Hero Is" - Apr 21, 2009
- Shahid- Kareena Milenge Milenge to release on July 9 - May 28, 2010
Tags: abhishek bachchan, blockbuster, chor, fida, film didn, jab, jolt, kareena and shahid, kareena kapoor, movie buffs, mughal e azam, negativity, pakeezah, personal family problems, personal relationship, salman, satish kaushik, shahid kapur, subhash k jha, tides