We did our best to save Amy: Mitch WinehouseJuly 9th, 2012 - 2:25 am ICT by IANS
London, July 9 (IANS) Mitch Winehouse, father of late singer Amy, says he tried his best to keep her away from drug and alcohol.
Mitch recently published a tell-all book about the Grammy-winning star, who died in July 2011. She was 27.
In the book, and subsequent interviews, he states, he and Amy’s family could not have done any more to help the troubled star beat her drink and drug demons.
“We did everything we could, other than kidnapping her and locking her in a room. You can’t do that,” contactmusic.com quoted Mitch as saying.
- Amy's dad to share her handwritten notes with fans - Jun 18, 2012
- Amy Winehouse, Lady Gaga duet rumours are false - Jul 30, 2010
- Winehouse didn't like singing her hit songs - Jun 28, 2012
- Winehouse dad demands 10 mn pounds from Gaga - Jul 26, 2012
- Sarah is ideal for Amy charity: Mitch Winehouse - Oct 25, 2011
- Winehouse haunting Pete Doherty! - Nov 16, 2011
- Amy was too young to die, says goddaughter - Jul 24, 2012
- No film on Winehouse's life! - Dec 12, 2011
- Amy's dad to honour her with a concert - Aug 24, 2011
- Winehouse's life-size statue in Camden? - Jun 08, 2012
- Winehouse's home now a rehab charity - Aug 06, 2011
- 'Angel' Amy Winehouse cremated - Jul 27, 2011
- Amy died of seizure during detox? - Sep 11, 2011
- Winehouse wants baby - Apr 06, 2011
- Giving up alcohol killed Amy, her family feels - Jul 29, 2011