Wayne Allwine, Voice of Mickey Mouse Passes AwayMay 20th, 2009 - 11:05 pm ICT by GD
Disney legend and the voice of Mickey Mouse for over 25 years Wayne Allwine passed away on Monday, May 18. He was 62, and died of diabetes-related complications. He had also worked as the sounds effects editor at the Walt Disney Studios. He is survived by wife Russi Taylor, who was the voice of Minnie Mouse since 1986 in the famous Walt Disney cartoon. Wayne Allwine lent his voice to Mickey Mouse for the longest period, surpassing his predecessors Walt Disney and Jimmy McDonald in this.
Wayne received training in sound effects and as a foley artist by one of the legends in the field, Jimmy McDonald. Jimmy had taken over the voice of Mickey Mouse from the legendary Walt Disney himself and then trained Wayne in the work. Wayne’s first voice-over for Mickey Mouse in 1977 at The New Mickey Mouse Club and then in 1983, “Mickey’s Christmas Carol” featured Wayne’s voice in his first animated feature. In the film he also did the voice-overs for the old man on the street in the beginning of the film and the two weasels in the Christmas future scene. He also appeared in other Disney feature length animations such as The Black Cauldron and The Great Mouse Detective. As a sound effects director, Wayne’s works include Innerspace and Star Trek v: The Final Frontier.
In 2008 Walt Disney named Wayne and Russi Legends at a ceremony at the Disney Studios. Meanwhile Wayne had developed diabetes-related complications and was in need of a kidney transplant. He passed away before that, according to an official confirmation on his Disney Legend profile.
- Mickey Mouse's voice Wayne Allwine dies at 62 - May 21, 2009
- Wayne Allwine, voice of Mickey Mouse, dead - May 21, 2009
- Mickey Mouse celebrates his 82nd birthday - Nov 19, 2010
- Why a Mumbai banker is greeted on Donald Duck's birthday (With Image) - Jun 09, 2012
- Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse celebrates his 82nd birthday - Nov 19, 2010
- Fly with Mickey, Minnie in Jet's Disney-themed aircraft (With image) - Jul 09, 2012
- Beauty And The Beast: Diamond Edition On Blu-ray, DVDs And VCDs - Oct 19, 2010
- Disney to ban junk food ads on programmes for kids - Jun 06, 2012
- Disney's 50th animated feature 'Tangled' to hit Indian screens Jan 21 - Jan 09, 2011
- Disneyland comes up with talking Mickey Mouse meet-and-greet character - May 07, 2010
- NASA photographs craters that resemble Mickey Mouse on Mercury - Jun 18, 2012
- Disney Theme Park In Shanghai Soon To Be Reality - Nov 08, 2010
- Original Walt Disney drawings found in an attic office in Blackpool - Sep 09, 2009
- Walt Disney's Animation Films Comes Under Scanner - May 03, 2010
- Toy Story 3 Will Soon Cross The Billion Dollar Mark - Aug 28, 2010
Tags: black cauldron, christmas carol, disney feature, disney legend, disney studios, final frontier, first voice, foley artist, great mouse detective, innerspace, jimmy mcdonald, kidney transplant, mickey mouse club, minnie mouse, new mickey mouse club, russi taylor, sounds effects, walt disney cartoon, walt disney studios, wayne allwine