Watts shifts to London for Diana roleJune 17th, 2012 - 6:40 am ICT by IANS
London, June 17 (IANS) Actress Naomi Watts’ preparation to play royal Princess Diana on the big screen, has required her to set up home in London.
The British-born actress, who grew up in Australia, has been cast in Oliver Hirschbiegel’s upcoming drama “Caught In Flight”, which will tell the story of the last two years of the princess’ life before she died in a car crash in Paris, France in 1997.
Watts had recently admitted she is “terrified” of playing such a high-profile role, but is taking her research seriously by moving to Kensington in London, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
It is the same area where Princess Diana lived in royal residence Kensington Palace.
Watts will also frequent some of her favourite hang-outs, including The Harbour Club and Beauchamp Place.
“Naomi wants to get into character before shooting starts,” said a source.
- Jessica Chastain to play Princess Diana - Nov 08, 2011
- Naomi Watts to play Princess Diana - Feb 10, 2012
- Watts unveils Princess Diana makeover - Jul 03, 2012
- Princess Diana's palace opens to public - Mar 26, 2012
- Princess Diana's life to be made into a movie - Feb 06, 2012
- Diana's gowns to be displayed at British palace - Mar 10, 2012
- Naomi Watts values honesty - Feb 25, 2011
- Success isn't everything: Naomi Watts - Jan 20, 2012
- Naomi Watts wants a daughter - May 08, 2012
- Gaga fears dying like Lady Diana - Dec 08, 2011
- Meryl Streep turns saviour for Watts - Mar 01, 2012
- Emma Watson wants to be a strong role model - Jul 13, 2011
- Diana's school notes found in rubbish pile - Nov 01, 2010
- Olivia Grant wants to play Princess Diana - Mar 10, 2011
- A tour that traces the life of Princess Diana for tourists - Feb 21, 2010
Tags: australia, beauchamp place, born actress, car crash, high profile, kensington palace, london reports, naomi watts, oliver hirschbiegel, paris france, princess diana, profile role, royal princess