Watson supports Africa schools charityAugust 25th, 2012 - 3:50 am ICT by IANS
London, Aug 25 (IANS) “Harry Potter” actress Emma Watson has shown her support for a charity supplying vital equipment to schools in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Back to School Shop work to raise funds for education supplies including stationery and uniforms, as well as six-month or one-year bursaries for impoverished students in the region, reports express.co.uk.
Watson, who showed her support for good causes in 2009 by launching her own ethical clothing range in aid of fair trade fashion charity People Tree, has thrown her weight behind the campaign.
“Please help CAMFED with their campaign to give that one thing their students need to go to school,” the 22-year-old tweeted Thursday.
- Emma Watson quits college - Mar 08, 2011
- Emma Watson unveils her final range for People Tree - Jan 28, 2011
- Emma Watson to launch 'green' fashion line - Mar 06, 2011
- Emma Watson teams up with Alberta Ferretti to design clothes - Nov 14, 2010
- Emma Watson leaving Brown University, but denies 'bullying' - Apr 25, 2011
- Emma Watson reveals that she can use a washing machine - Feb 24, 2012
- Emma Watson chills out with school friends - Jan 08, 2011
- Emma not fashion conscious - Feb 02, 2012
- Emma Watson owns 20 Bibles - Aug 25, 2012
- Emma Watson begins Oxford classes - Oct 18, 2011
- Dark doubts haunt Emma Watson - Nov 24, 2010
- Watson shaken after being stalked by Harvard students - Oct 01, 2009
- Emma Watson Feels Sick Of Her 'Harry Potter' Fortune - Nov 04, 2010
- Emma Watson doesn't want her own perfume brand - Nov 27, 2010
- Emma upset with condition of workers in Dhaka - Aug 27, 2010
Tags: actress emma, back to school, bursaries, charity, clothing range, education supplies, emma watson, express co, harry potter, harry potter actress, london, stationery, sub saharan africa, trade fashion, uniforms