Water is my poison - Ashmit PatelApril 15th, 2009 - 2:42 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Q. How would you define beauty?
A. When I wake up in the morning and look at myself in the mirror, its defined. (laughs) I think you can find beauty in everything, so its just the way you look at things.
Q. Do you like summer?
A. Yes apart from the humidity and heat, I like summer. I would prefer the summer if I were in another country, (laughs), specially in the west, where all the girls are in their skinny little shorts, skirts and you get to see a lot more, lot more Beauty.
Q. How do you take care of your complexion in summer?
A. With a lot of sunscreens during the day, very high SPF’s, may be 55 or 60 and rather than that I drink lots of water and lots of fresh fruits.
Q. What kind of liquids do you prefer to keep away from dehydration?
A. Water is my poison. I drink close to 4-5 liters a day because I work out a lot.
Q. What measures you take to prevent your skin from sun burns?
A. Lots of SPF’s.
Q. Do you avoid any kind of food habits in summer?
A. I probably stay away from eating heaty foods such as baingans. Mangoes, I can’t resist so what I do is I put them in water for half an hour or an hour before I eat them. It’s a grandmother’s home remedy for removing the heat, I don’t know how does it work or it makes sense or not.
Q. Is there any change in your fitness regime too?
A. Not really, I probably would not play outer sports. I don’t do that too much anyways, but I do like to go for hikes, and I like adventure sports, so during summer I probably do it less. I mostly stay indoors.
Q. Which place do you prefer to chill out in Mumbai?
A. I guess my parents home which is in south Bombay. It’s comfortable and South Bombay feels like a city, it doesn’t feel like you are living in a jungle like the rest of Bombay. Also, there I get pampered by my folks like by my mum, so it feels like I’m on a holiday.
Q. Which place do you prefer to spend your summer holidays?
A. When we were kids, we always spent it in Europe; every summer was spent in Europe but I like traveling and exploring new places, so anywhere where I haven’t been would be an ideal holiday destination. My current wish list is Istanbul.
– Jiya Pandit / Sampurn Media
- I am more of a winter or cold weather person - Roshni Chopra - Apr 13, 2009
- I avoid having oily stuff in summers : Shweta Kwatra - Mar 25, 2009
- I even use sunscreen before my make up - Shalini Kapoor - Apr 14, 2009
- I like winters: Gurdeep Kohli - Mar 21, 2009
- I want to marry Daniel Weber over and over again: Sunny Leone - Jan 03, 2012
- Lot of liquids helps to maintain your body - Suhasini Goradia - Mar 30, 2009
- I like all seasons - Sakshi Tanwar - Mar 27, 2009
- I always try to cover my skin - Krystal D'souza - Mar 28, 2009
- Bollywood doesn't reflect our country: Ashim Ahluwalia - Apr 23, 2012
- Cinema halls are the best to escape from heat: Sonia Kapoor - Apr 21, 2009
- I am far removed from worldly matters: Lata - Sep 29, 2011
- Why we should all be walking backwards for our health (The Funny Side - IANS has introduced a weekly column by Hong Kong-based humour writer Nury Vittachi) - Jun 08, 2012
- Aamir's choice of films makes Kamal Haasan happy - Jan 01, 2012
- I am lonely: Mumtaz (Interview) - Jul 30, 2012
- Bollywood doesn't need to impress foreigners: Saif Ali Khan (Interview) - Mar 23, 2011
Tags: 5 liters, adventure sports, ashmit patel, complexion, dehydration, fitness regime, food habits, fresh fruits, grandmother, half an hour, home remedy, laughs, liquids, mangoes, poison, skirts, south bombay, summer holidays, sun burns, sunscreens