Was not prepared for Judge Dredd role: Karl (With Images)September 11th, 2012 - 7:15 pm ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, Sep 11 (IANS) Actor Karl Urban, who will be seen playing the role of Judge Dredd in upcoming action fiction movie “Dredd 3D”, had quite a strenuous and tough time getting into the character.
“I don’t think I was quite prepared for how demanding it was. To take away the eyes - such a vital and valuable tool for an actor - forces you to use your body language and voice,” Urban said in a statement.
Urban, 40, has worked in movies like “Star Trek”, “The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers” and “Priest”.
To add perfection to his work in “Dredd 3D”, he started wearing the suit of the character weeks before the actual shooting started.
“I actually got into that suit a couple of weeks before we started filming so I could get used to moving around in it,” he said.
“Dress 3D” is based on iconic comic series “Judge Dredd”. Co-Produced by IM Global and Reliance Entertainment and directed by Pete Travis, the film also stars Olivia Thirlby and Lena Headey.
The film is set to release Sep 21.
- New Zealand's Karl Urban in 'Judge Dredd' sequel - Jul 24, 2010
- Karl Urban to step into Stallone's shoes in Judge Dredd - Jul 23, 2010
- Ranbir assures 'no disability' in 'Barfi' - Jul 03, 2012
- 'Star Trek' sequel gets title? - Sep 11, 2012
- Doing voice-over tougher than acting: Manoj Bajpai - Sep 05, 2010
- 'Barfi' not a silent film, says Anurag Basu - Jul 04, 2012
- Justin Timberlake speaks about his acting experience of the movie 'In Time' - Aug 18, 2011
- Trendy, romantic 'Love Failure' a treat to watch (Telugu Movie Review) - Feb 19, 2012
- 'The Darkest Hour' - cinematically bleak (IANS Movie Review) - Jan 07, 2012
- 'Halkat jawani' crosses 1 mn hits on YouTube (Movie Snippets) - Aug 28, 2012
Tags: body language, comic series, images, judge dredd, karl urban, lena headey, lord of the rings, lord of the rings the two towers, olivia thirlby, reliance, sep 11, star trek, travis, valuable tool