Was Emma Watson bullied into leaving Brown University?April 22nd, 2011 - 4:22 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 22 (ANI): Rumour mill has it that Emma Watson, who left a top U.S. university in order to continue acting, may have been victim to some good old fashioned bullying.
The ‘Harry Potter’ star was reportedly teased by her fellow students, who taunted her with lines from the Harry Potter movies, reports the Daily Mail.
It has been claimed that she is planning to leave Brown and transfer to another U.S. university, possibly in New York.
The actress - who has a fortune estimated at 10million pounds - announced last month that she was putting her studies at Brown University on hold, claiming she could not juggle her degree with her acting commitments.
But reports claim another reason behind the decision was that the 21-year-old was picked on at the Ivy League institution by fellow students.
Watson is said to have been the subject of frequent jibes whenever she answered questions in lectures.
“They would respond with a quote from Harry Potter. The most popular choice was, ‘Three points for Gryffindor!’” a source told the New York Daily News.
It is alleged that Watson’s peers also shouted phrases from the film at her as she watched an American football game.
Watson, who was studying European women’s history and drama, has admitted being ’scared’ that she wouldn’t fit in when she arrived at the university in September 2009. (ANI)
- Emma Watson leaving Brown University, but denies 'bullying' - Apr 25, 2011
- Emma Watson bullied at Brown University - Apr 22, 2011
- Emma Watson takes a break from studies to focus on film career - Mar 09, 2011
- Emma Watson quits college - Mar 08, 2011
- Emma Watson postpones studies for acting - Mar 08, 2011
- Emma Watson reveals that she can use a washing machine - Feb 24, 2012
- Emma Watson enrolling at Oxford University - Jun 11, 2011
- Emma Watson moves in with boyfriend at her dad's house - Aug 25, 2011
- Emma Watson says she's the worst in her acting class - May 07, 2010
- Emma Watson Wants to Enjoy Her Life! - Oct 21, 2010
- Emma Watson to spend 4 years in Providence's Brown University - Nov 15, 2010
- Initial college years weren't easy: Watson - Aug 18, 2012
- University pals are protective of me, says Emma Watson - Nov 05, 2010
- Emma Watson thinks she makes a 'rubbish' girlfriend - Jan 05, 2011
- Emma Watson begins Oxford classes - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: actress, american football game, brown university, commitments, daily mail, emma watson, european women, fellow students, fortune, harry potter, harry potter movies, ivy league, new york daily news, peers, phrases, potter star, rumour mill, s university, university london, york daily news