Warren Beatty makes comeback after 13 yearsJune 23rd, 2011 - 2:12 am ICT by IANS
Los Angeles, June 23 (IANS) Actor Warren Beatty is planning a comeback in direction after 13 years with a comedy for Paramount Pictures.
Paramount Pictures recently announced that Beatty will direct and star in an untitled comedy for the studio. The film is said to be based on an original script Beatty has written and will go into production by the end of this year, reports imdb.com.
The 74-year-old made his directing debut with the 1978 movie “Heaven Can Wait”. In 1982, he won the best director Oscar for his political drama “Reds” and scored a box office hit with his comic-book adaptation “Dick Tracy” in 1990.
The unnamed comedy will be Beatty’s first outing as a director after “Bulworth” in 1998.
- Warren Beatty sued over Dick Tracy rights - Mar 22, 2009
- Robbie Williams eyes TV comeback - Sep 01, 2012
- Warren Beatty 'has slept with 12,775 women' - Jan 04, 2010
- Nolan taking inspiration from 'Superman' for remake - Jun 29, 2010
- Hugh Jackman to fight robots in Spielberg movie - Nov 25, 2009
- Battle Rages On Between Warren Beatty and TMS Over 'Dick Tracy' Rights - Jun 21, 2009
- New book says sex scene in movie 'Don't Look Now' was real - Mar 24, 2011
- GOD FATHER TRIOLOGY - Aug 26, 2010
- Darren Aronofsky might direct latest 'Superman' film - Sep 28, 2010
- Barbra Streisand And Seth Rogen To Star In Road Trip Comedy "My Mother's Curse" - Jan 30, 2011
- Ford to be honoured by Society of Cinematographers - Feb 01, 2012
- Gerard Butler to play perverse leprechaun - Mar 19, 2010
- Baron Cohen to play Eurovision singer in new movie - Aug 03, 2009
- 'Bed hopping' Warren Beatty missed out on Faye Dunaway - Jan 10, 2010
- Reeves thanks Bigelow for 'Point Break' - Jan 17, 2011
Tags: 13 years, actor warren beatty, best director oscar, box office, bulworth, comedy, comic book adaptation, debut, dick tracy, heaven can wait, june 23, original script, paramount pictures, political drama, reds, warren beatty