‘Warning’ - A 3D horror film, is Ram Gopal Varma’s nextJune 9th, 2009 - 9:16 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Joginder Tuteja
The film making ‘Factory’ is back. And Ram Gopal Varma is hitting back at his detractors with a vengeance. With a film announcement coming in practically every two months ['Rakta Charitra' with Vivek Oberoi wasn't too far away], Ramu is now already gearing up for another film. The film in question is ‘Warning’ with it’s USP being that it is going to be India’s first ever 3D horror film. Yes, you read it right
Ram Gopal Varma talks to Joginder Tuteja about his next venture.
What is ‘Warning’?
‘Warning’ belongs to horror genre. It is going to be India’s first ever horror film which would be made in 3D.
You have made horror movies like ‘Phoonk’, ‘Bhoot’, ‘Raat’ etc. in the past. What’s so special about ‘Warning’? Is it just another horror film?
No, it is not. The underlying concept of my ‘Warning’ is that if you think you have experienced everything there is to experience in fear then just wait for ‘Warning’.
The extraordinary experience of an extremely heightened sense of realism is something that only 3D can create. This technology can have it’s best possible application in a horror film.
So what can a viewer expect?
In ‘Warning’, the viewer would no longer be removed from the happenings on screen. He would feel that he is up there along with the characters on the location and is in as much danger as they are.
Any incentives, like Rs. 5 lakh offer as widely publicised for ‘Phoonk’, for a viewer on watching ‘Warning’?
Well, this may not really be incentive but the tagline of ‘Warning’ is ‘You might die’. This will be India’s first 3D horror film with a 4D experience, the 4th dimension being ‘death’. I mean it.
So are you planning to name it ‘RGV Ki Warning’?
No such intentions (laughs). Let it be plain and simple ‘Warning’
Who is going to star in ‘Warning’?
As of now, only Riteish Deshmukh has been finalised.
- RGV excited about 'Bhoot' sequel 'BHHOOoo' - Jun 14, 2011
- Ramu Apologizes To Sanjay, Rakta Charitra 2 Will Release With Guzaarish As ‘Peace Offering’ - Oct 20, 2010
- I have an obsession to scare people: Ram Gopal Varma - Apr 13, 2010
- RGV uses optical illusion in 'Bhoot Returns' poster (With Image) - Sep 04, 2012
- Ramu scared of the Bachchans? - Apr 21, 2010
- Ramu to release 'Rakta Charitra II' Nov 19 - Oct 18, 2010
- My next film God and Sex is not be a biopic on the sex life of Swami Nityananda - Ram Gopal Varma - Apr 09, 2010
- Rakta Charitra music launched - Sep 27, 2010
- "It Is A Wrong Perception In The Minds Of People In India That A Horror Film Has To Be Gory" - Wilson Louis - Sep 04, 2010
- No Sarkar 3 for Ranbir says Ramu - Nov 23, 2009
- Acting! Who me? Never, says Ram Gopal Varma - Dec 05, 2010
- 'Phoonk 2' will scare people in a big way: Director - Jan 10, 2010
- Manisha to play key role in 'Bhoot' sequel - Apr 19, 2012
- Kerala and Karnataka actors are sidelined in Bollywood: Sudeep (Interview) - Mar 27, 2010
- "I'm Really Not Worried About a Career In Mumbai"-Kannada Star Sudeep - Mar 30, 2010
Tags: 4th dimension, detractors, fear, horror film, horror genre, horror movies, incentives, India, joginder, lakh, ram gopal varma, realism, riteish deshmukh, tagline, usp, vengeance, vivek oberoi, warning warning