Warner Bros to distribute ‘Ramayana - The Epic’September 14th, 2010 - 5:36 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 14 (IANS) Filmmaker Ketan Mehta’s full length feature animation film “Ramayana - The Epic” will be distributed by Hollywood studio Warner Bros Pictures India.
The movie, to be simultaneously released in three languages - Hindi, Tamil and Telugu - across India Oct 15, has been produced by filmmaker Ketan Mehta’s Maya Digital Media. It has been directed by debutant Chetan Desai.
“Chetan Desai’s version of this epic has taken animation films in India to the next level and one has to see it to believe it. Warner Bros. Pictures is delighted to be associated with this project,” Denzil Dias, deputy managing director (Theatrical), Warner Bros. Pictures, India, said in a press release.
Bollywood actors like Manoj Bajpai, Juhi Chawla, and Ashutosh Rana have lent voice to the lead characters Ram, Sita and Ravan, respectively.
Mehta says the movie is an attempt “to take the most popular Indian story to a global audience”.
“Warner Bros, with its reach and expertise, provides the ideal platform to launch this new avatar of Ramayana, where the past meets the future and mythology meets technology. It’s the story of the original Indian superhero,” he said.
- Ramayana To Be Distributed By Warner Bros - Sep 15, 2010
- Maya ties up with Warner Bros on Ramayana - the Epic - Sep 14, 2010
- 'Ramayana - The Epic' Indian animation comes of age - Sep 06, 2010
- Ramayana - The Epic Indian animation comes of age - Aug 25, 2010
- Ramayana –The Epic Opens To Rave Reviews - Oct 18, 2010
- 3-D glasses not needed to watch Desai's 'Ramayana - The Epic' - Oct 08, 2010
- 'Ramayana' affirms stereotypes (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ** 1/2) - Oct 15, 2010
- Hindus express concern about "Ramayana-The Epic" film - Oct 16, 2010
- Our Hindi is becoming worse by the day: Juhi Chawla - Oct 14, 2010
- Indian animation industry ready to take off: Ketan Mehta (Interview) - Jul 28, 2012
- Warner Bros. to distribute Dev Anand's film - Aug 10, 2011
- I am not going anywhere, says Juhi Chawla - Sep 03, 2010
- 'Ramayana', 'Aakrosh' 'Knock(ed) Out' at box office - Oct 18, 2010
- Chetan Desai to bring Vimanika comics story on big screen - Mar 09, 2011
- Shri Ram sports a 6 pack abdomen in Ramayan-The Epic - Sep 21, 2010
Tags: animation films, ashutosh rana, chetan desai, feature animation film, filmmaker, global audience, hollywood studio, juhi chawla, ketan mehta, length feature, managing director, manoj bajpai, New Delhi, next level, ravan, sita, superhero, telugu, three languages, warner bros