Warner Bros to distribute DAM 999July 13th, 2011 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, July 13 (IANS) “Dam 999″, a film about the 1975 Banqiao dam disaster in China that killed around 250,000 people, is set for November release this year and it will be distributed by Hollywood studio Warner Bros Pictures.
A 3D movie, “Dam 999″ is an Indo-UAE conceptual epic, which has been produced by BIZ TV Network, UAE and directed by Sohan Roy.
An exclusive trailer of “DAM 999″ will be shown in cinema theatres all over India with the “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2″, said a statement issued by BIZ TV Network Wednesday.
The final part of “Harry Potter” series, a Warner Bros Pictures presentation, will release July 15.
To bring out the true essence of India, “DAM 999″ is also being released in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
It is an emotional thriller that speaks about a century-old dam built during the British colonial time and the lives of nine individuals who witness the destruction of the dam.
The film has both Indian and international crew - Eric Sherman worked on it as the project consultant, Rob Tobin as the script doctor and Uzma Xina Kang as the casting director.
The Indian crew includes Ajayan Vincent, Suresh Pai, Padmasree Thotta Tharani, Ousepachan, Amala Popuri, Shajith Koyeri, Pattanam Rasheed and S.B. Satheesh.
The cast includes Ashish Vidyarthi, Rajit Kapur, and Gary Richardson along with multi-faceted actors like Vinay Rai, Vimala Raman, Megha Burman, Joshua Fredric Smith, Jaala Pickering, Linda Arsenio and Jineet Rath.
- DAM999 – A Movie With A Message - Nov 06, 2010
- 'DAM 999' set for Nov 14 release - Jul 25, 2011
- 'DAM999' screenplay in Oscar library - Nov 02, 2011
- Tribute to dam disaster victims closer to release - Jun 04, 2010
- 'Dam 999' to be screened at Cannes - May 04, 2011
- 'DAM999' vies for Oscar qualification - Oct 28, 2011
- Film director files cheating case against Bollywood actress - Jan 08, 2011
- After controversies, 'Dam 999" heads to Dubai - Apr 17, 2010
- Water for Tamil Nadu, safety for Kerala: Chandy on Mullaperiyar - Nov 23, 2011
- 'Dam 999' - Politically incorrect and mediocre fare (IANS Movie Review- Rating:*) - Nov 26, 2011
- Warner Bros gifts diamond bracelet to Rowling - Jul 21, 2011
- Documentary film based on Mullaperiyar Dam released in Kochi - Jan 04, 2011
- 'Harry Potter' breaks US midnight box office record - Jul 16, 2011
- Warner Bros sues condom brand 'Harry Popper' for copyright infringement - Aug 20, 2010
- 'Harry Potter And The Deathly...' highest global grosser - Mar 11, 2011
Tags: ajayan, ashish vidyarthi, banqiao dam, biz tv, cinema theatres, colonial time, dam disaster, emotional thriller, gary richardson, harry potter and the deathly hallows, harry potter series, hollywood studio, indian crew, international crew, jaala pickering, linda arsenio, old dam, popuri, rob tobin, script doctor