Warehouse Fire Causes Damage Worth $800,000 To Neil Young MemorabiliaNovember 11th, 2010 - 8:01 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 11, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A warehouse containing memorabilia worth millions belonging to legendary rocker Neil Young was badly damaged by a fire on Tuesday. The warehouse in San Carlos, San Francisco caught fire on the early hours of Tuesday night. The firefighters acted quickly after they saw flames coming out of the roof of the warehouse. Though the flames were doused within 15 minutes, at least 30% of the memorabilia was damaged. Neil Young himself landed on the scene and appreciated the efforts of the firefighters.
Neil Young has been using the 10,000 sq.ft warehouse for many years and used it to store his old guitars, photographs and even his vintage car collection. Fire Marshal Jim Palisi confirmed to the media that a lot of the stuff stored in the warehouse was musical instruments and other electronic equipments that were very expensive. One fan of the singer who was present at the scene of the fire said that the firefighters saved most of the stuff that was inside which included his 6 vintage cars. The singer’s spokesperson is yet to confirm to the media, exactly how much of the memorabilia has been lost.
Local news clips showed Neil Young’s staff trying to salvage his items and shifting them to an adjacent warehouse. One source present at the venue reported that there was a room full of video cassettes and other materials of similar nature. It is not clear, however, whether that part of the building was damaged. Fans have shown concern about the fire especially because Neil Young is due to release his Archives Volume 2. It is unclear at the moment whether the fire will cause any delay in the release of the album which has been made by the compilation of his unreleased albums.
- Neil Young suffers a loss of $1.1 million in a warehouse fire - Nov 11, 2010
- US man catches fire while watching porn at sex shop - Apr 15, 2011
- Osian back with second mega auction of movie art - Jul 11, 2012
- Two firemen killed in US blaze - Apr 10, 2012
- Eight homeless people die in New Orleans warehouse fire - Dec 29, 2010
- Fire at 1,000-year-old temple in China - Feb 07, 2011
- Sharjah skyscraper catches fire - Apr 28, 2012
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Michael Jackson: First Posthumous Album 'Hold My Hand' Released - Nov 17, 2010
- New discovery allows electricity to be used to extinguish fires - Mar 28, 2011
- Scientists zap raging fire with electric power - Mar 28, 2011
- Dozen unreleased songs of Amy Winehouse could be released soon - Jul 28, 2011
- Fire in Kolkata studio, two injured - Jul 18, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Nov 17, 2010
- Major fire in chemical factory, no casualties - Apr 20, 2011
Tags: electronic equipments, fire marshal, firefighters, flames, kar, memorabilia, neil young, old guitars, rocker neil, salvage, san carlos, spokesperson, sq ft warehouse, tuesday night, unreleased albums, video cassettes, vintage car collection, vintage cars, volume 2, warehouse fire