Want to see raw action, watch ‘Rowdy Rathore: AkshayMay 29th, 2012 - 10:45 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, May 29 (IANS) Actor Akshay Kumar is gearing up for the release of his new film “Rowdy Rathore” and says that the action sequences are very raw, something which he hasn’t done for a long time.
“(Director) Prabhu Deva has his own way of choreographing action sequences. His action sequences have a rhythm. It is a very raw kind of action, which I haven’t done since ages,” Akshay told reporters Tuesday while promoting his film “Rowdy Rathore” that is coming out Friday.
The promos show Akshay sporting a rugged look. His wardrobe is also colourful and bright - he is seen in check shirts worn over t-shirt. For the rowdy look, he even wears a moustache.
Asked about the inspiration behind the look, he said: “There is no inspiration as such, there is a rowdiness in everyone. I have just been what I am in real life.”
Of late filmmakers have been working on sequels, some plan it even before the release of the original without waiting for its fate at the box office.
So, when asked Akshay if a sequel of “Rowdy Rathore” is on cards, he said: “I am not the producer of the film but if the producer plans to make it and we get the right script, we would love to make it.”
- Siddharth Roy Kapoor doesn't rule out 'Rowdy Rathore' sequel - Jun 16, 2012
- Prabhu Deva steals show at trailer launch of 'Rowdy Rathore' - Apr 03, 2012
- Gurdeep Kohli to play lady cop in 'Rowdy Rathore' - May 29, 2012
- Badami makes Akshay sentimental (Movie Snippets) - Feb 08, 2012
- Action works for Akshay, 'Rowdy Rathore' earns Rs.29.8 cr - Jun 03, 2012
- Sonakshi, Prabhu Deva make special appearance in 'Oh My God' - Jul 29, 2012
- I feel like I'm coming home: Sonali Bendre (Movie Snippets) - Jul 03, 2012
- Censor beeps dialogue in 'Rowdy Rathore' trailer - Apr 03, 2012
- Bollywood packs its best punch with raw action - Jun 28, 2012
- Prabhu Deva dance steps not easy, says Akshay - Apr 11, 2012
- Potboilers' successful run has continued: Sanjay Leela Bhansali - Jun 11, 2012
- After doing action again, Akshay feels like a newcomer - Apr 03, 2012
- Handmade posters to make comeback with 'Rowdy Rathod' - Oct 24, 2011
- Sonakshi guarded about 'Rowdy Rathore' sequel - Jun 23, 2012
- 'Rowdy Rathore' is the perfect comeback: Akshay Kumar - May 13, 2012
Tags: action sequences, akshay kumar, box office, cards, check shirts, fate, filmmakers, gurgaon, inspiration, long time, moustache, new film, prabhu deva, raw action, rhythm, sequel, sequels, t shirt, time director, wardrobe