Want to focus on films, says LopezJuly 21st, 2012 - 3:41 pm ICT by IANS
London, July 21 (IANS) Singer Jennifer Lopez says she quit as a judge of reality show “American Idol” to focus on her acting career.
A show representative announced last week that Lopez won’t return to the series, but said she had an “amazing run” during her stint.
Lopez says her decision to leave the reality programme was spurred by a renewed interest in film work, reports contactmusic.com.
“I do miss doing films. I feel like the last two years with ‘American Idol’, I’ve really, really focused on, you know, my music. It was all kind of very synergistic, it worked really well together,” said Lopez.
“Movie work is something that I really loved, it’s how I kind of started in this business, and it doesn’t leave you. I am an actress, I need to do that, too,” she added.
- Lopez really beautiful, say Fonda - May 21, 2012
- Lopez quits 'American Idol' - Jul 14, 2012
- Jlo wants Bon Jovi to succeed her - Jul 18, 2012
- Jlo's advice to Carey - Aug 23, 2012
- J.Lo snubbed American 'X Factor' for 'American Idol' - Apr 20, 2011
- Tyler likely to return for next season of 'American Idol' - Jul 10, 2011
- Madonna not keen to judge reality show - Apr 20, 2012
- Lopez finds 'American Idol' hard to work on - Jan 11, 2012
- Bon Jovi won't judge 'American Idol' - Jul 20, 2012
- Lopez applauds ex P Diddy's performance - Mar 13, 2011
- Carey, highest paid judge! - Jul 25, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez preparing return to big screen - Jun 23, 2011
- 'American Idol' cannot afford Carey: Cannon - Jul 17, 2012
- JLo to step down as 'American Idol' judge - May 18, 2012
- Jennifer Lopez takes her children to the sets of 'Papi' - Aug 23, 2011