Want to be successful mainstream actress: Sunny Leone (Interview)September 3rd, 2012 - 2:22 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 3 (IANS) After the success of “Jism 2″, porn star and Bollywood newcomer Sunny Leone now aims to establish herself as one of the successful mainstream actresses of B-town by dabbling in different kinds of roles in the near future.
“My full concentration is now on Bollywood. I want to do different and all kinds of roles, especially playing meaningful characters. I want to establish myself as a successful mainstream actress,” Sunny told IANS.
“In order to become successful in Bollywood, for next two-three years I will stay on in India as I want to give my hundred percent,” said the 31-year-old Indo-Canadian.
Born to a Punjabi family in Ontario, Canada, Sunny has been one of the superstars of the international adult film industry since 2001. Her popularity as a porn star earned her the rare achievement of being named among the world’s top 12 porn stars by fashion magazine Maxim in 2010.
But Sunny, who had participated in several reality shows in US, struck gold when she was spotted by veteran Mahesh Bhatt in the reality show “Bigg Boss 5″ and was offered the lead role in “Jism 2″, the sequel to 2003 film “Jism”.
Sunny, who received rave reviews for her portrayal of Izna in “Jism 2″, is not perplexed about constant comparisons of her image as a porn star and an actress.
When asked whether it hurts when people and a section of the tinsel town tries to look at her more as a porn star by overlooking her acting skills, Sunny said: “Everybody can have their own perception and their own way to look at everything. I can’t change that.
“There will be people who won’t like me and there are people who have given me love and support. Since I’m an actress, people should judge me according to my acting skills,” said Sunny, who on numerous occasions, has reiterated that she is not ashamed of her prime profession.
In the erotic thriller “Jism 2″, Sunny played a porn star, who is used as a honey trap for catching a dreaded assassin.
She admits her background helped her bag the role.
“Actually they were looking for an actress who was comfortable with her body, okay with erotic scene, and didn’t have any problem in projecting herself as a porn star and that’s where I come in,” she said.
Sunny already has a second film in her kitty - Ekta Kapoor’s “Ragini MMS 2″.
- Sunny Leone was shy shooting lovemaking scene: Mahesh Bhatt (Interview, With Image) - May 19, 2012
- I would love to work with Aamir: Sunny Leone - Aug 07, 2012
- Youth ready to watch people like me on TV: Sunny Leone - Aug 09, 2012
- 'Jism 2' gets 'A' certificate - Jul 18, 2012
- Bipasha's 'Raaz 3' to uncover with Sunny's 'Jism 2' - Jul 23, 2012
- Sunny Leone house hunting (Movie Snippets) - Sep 05, 2012
- Casting Sunny for emotional edge, not body: Mahesh Bhatt - Nov 28, 2011
- Pooja Bhatt wants 'Jism 2' to be her 'Arth' - Jul 28, 2012
- Sunny Leone keen to do family drama - Sep 10, 2012
- 'Jism 2' mystery girl revealed: It's Sunny Leone! (With Images) - Jan 19, 2012
- 'Big Boss'? Not again, says Sunny Leone - Jul 30, 2012
- 'Jism 2': Hooda shines in flick focussing on feelings, not bodies (IANS Hindi Film Review) - Aug 04, 2012
- It's my birth right to speak Hindi: Sunny Leone - Feb 02, 2012
- Randeep hopes to impress audience with 'Jism 2' (Movie Snippets) - May 31, 2012
- Double-meaning not my style, says Pooja Bhatt - Jul 24, 2012
Tags: 2 sunny, acting skills, adult film industry, bollywood, different kinds, drea, fashion magazine, honey trap, indo canadian, international adult, jism, lead role, magazine maxim, mahesh bhatt, mainstream actress, portrayal, rare achievement, reality show, sunny leone, tinsel town