Want to be a step ahead of Vidya Balan: Veena MalikMay 26th, 2012 - 2:09 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, May 26 (IANS) Pakistani actress Veena Malik, set to sizzle in the Kannada version of hit Bollywood film “The Dirty Picture”, aims to go a step ahead of Vidya Balan’s act in the original. She maintains the two films are different.
“I have not seen the ‘The Dirty Picture’ in Hindi, though I have heard that Vidya Balan has delivered an awesome performance in the film. But I really want to go one step ahead in my performance in this film,” said Veena.
The actress, who rose to fame in India after her stint in controversial reality show “Bigg Boss 4″, says it is unfair to compare the two films.
“Please don’t compare the Bollywood film with the Kannada film that I am doing now,” said Veena.
This is her first Kannada film, and she is confident it will be appreciated.
“My first Kannada film has a good package of entertainment and sentimental scenes. I’m sure I will entertain the audience with my performance and at the same time they would also feel sorry for the trials that my character undergoes in the film.
“I will win the hearts of Kannadigas through this performance. I like the role,” she added.
Veena said she can relate to her role in the film, adding: “This is a different story and it connects well with all the struggling young women who want to make it big in their respective fields.
“I was moved after hearing the story as there were many incidents which remembered incidents that happened in my life albeit in a different fashion.”
The actress is even more excited as she has wrapped a “sexy” and “stylish” photo shoot for the film, insisting it will present her in Marilyn Monroe style.
She said the photo shoot, done by photographer Suresh, was sexy, stylish, hot, raunchy, naughty and visually-captivating.
The film’s lead actor Akshay had also participated in the photo shoot. The film is produced by Venkateappa, while writer and director Thrishool is wielding the megaphone for it.
Veena hopes she is also offered good roles in other regional film industries down south.
- Bengali version of 'Dirty Picture' stalled, Rakhi upset (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Bengali version of 'Dirty Picture' stalled, Rakhi depressed - Jul 06, 2012
- Vidya's Silk act doesn't inspire Veena - Jun 13, 2012
- Veena gets curvy, says size zero doesn't exist in South - Jul 03, 2012
- 'Dirty Picture' in Kannada excites Veena Mallik - May 24, 2012
- Reema thanks Vidya for her success, making curves trendy - Jul 09, 2012
- No one could get dirtier than 'The Dirty Picture': Vidya Balan - Dec 08, 2011
- Simpleton to sexy siren: Vidya Balan goes ooh la la! - Aug 31, 2011
- Sujoy Ghosh wishes Vidya Happy B'day - Jan 01, 2012
- I always wanted to do double role: Vidya Balan (With Image) - May 24, 2012
- Vidya Balan is now 'Bombaat Balan' - Nov 25, 2011
- I've got more than I expected: Vidya Balan - Mar 10, 2012
- Vidya wants to be known for body of her work - Dec 03, 2011
- Women-centric films reflect changing society: Vidya - May 30, 2012
- Vidya in bolder avatar in 'Dirty Picture' - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: akshay, bangalore, bollywood film, boss, different fashion, different story, hearts, kannada film, marilyn monroe, megaphone, pakistani actress, photo shoot, photographer, reality show, stint, suresh, two films, veena malik, vidya balan, young women