Walt Disney, Dream Works strike Bollywood dealFebruary 11th, 2009 - 2:23 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Feb 11 (ANI): Walt Disney and Dream Works have joined forces for a long-term distribution deal, which aims at bringing Bollywood movies to the States.
Though the deal has not been fully disclosed, the terms of the deal state that Disney will distribute and market six DreamWorks films a year under its existing partnership with India’’s Reliance Big Entertainment.
Disney chairman Dick Cook has revealed that he is “thrilled and honored” to be working with DreamWorks” founder Steven Spielberg and chief executive Stacey Snider.
The first flick to be produced as a result of the tie-up is expected to be released in 2010.
“Steven has made some of the biggest and most loved films of all time, and continues to be one of the great icons of our industry, Stacey has an impeccable reputation and a phenomenal track record for making a wide variety of quality films, Contactmusic Dick Cook, as saying.
Meanwhile, Spielberg was full of admiration for Disney.
“Disney is the birthplace of imagination and has always been as close to the worldwide audience as any company ever has, Spielberg said. (ANI)
- Disney to distribute Anil Ambani-DreamWorks movies - Feb 11, 2009
- Walt Disney to distribute DreamWorks-Reliance films - Feb 11, 2009
- Reliance-DreamWorks films to be distributed by Walt Disney (Lead) - Feb 11, 2009
- Steven Spielberg 'confirms new studio' - Aug 19, 2009
- Anil Ambani walks Oscar red carpet, his 'The Help' gets statuette (With Images) - Feb 27, 2012
- Bollywood shining with a little help from Hollywood - Aug 18, 2009
- Disney and Spielberg's Dreamworks sign deal - Feb 10, 2009
- Historic Bollywood-Hollywood pact signals India's emergence in world cinema - Aug 18, 2009
- Reliance Big in venture for acclaimed global scriptwriters (Lead) - Dec 14, 2010
- Anil Ambani Group in new venture for acclaimed global scriptwriters - Dec 14, 2010
- Steven Spielberg, Stephen King team up for 'Under the Dome' - Nov 20, 2009
- Daniel Day-Lewis to play Lincoln - Nov 22, 2010
- Anil Ambani, Spielberg secure $825 mn for DreamWorks - Aug 18, 2009
- Reliance DreamWorks films get 11 Oscar nominations - Jan 25, 2012
- Reliance Big, Tom Hanks in new entertainment venture - Oct 01, 2010
Tags: admiration, bollywood movies, chief executive, dick cook, disney, disney chairman, disney disney, distribution deal, dreamworks, flick, imagination, impeccable reputation, partnership, quality films, reliance, steven spielberg, term distribution, walt disney, walt disney dream, worldwide audience