‘Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps’ Has Bullish Run In Box OfficeSeptember 27th, 2010 - 7:26 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Sep 27, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Looks like the ‘Wall Street’ gamble has paid off well for Oliver Stone as ‘Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps’ seems to have taken the box office by storm. With estimated weekend collection of $19 million, this is the best opening that the director has seen in the last five years. The film also displaced ‘The Town’ from the #1 spot in terms of weekend collection. Considering the hype the film generated and the opening, the ‘Wall Street’ sequel looks set to become another milestone for the director.
‘The Town’ is now down to the third spot in terms of Box Office collection as ‘Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole’ has reached the second spot with estimated earnings of $16.3 million. The Zack Snyder directed fantasy adventure has also done relatively well in the box office. Kristin Bell starrer ‘You Again’ has been pushed to the 5th spot in spite of having a strong female star cast that includes Jamie Lee Curtis and Betty White. Another comedy that is doing better than ‘You Again’ presently is ‘Easy A’.
‘Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps’ stars Shia LaBeouf, Josh Brolin and Michael Douglas. Though the central character of Jake Moore is plated by Shia LaBeouf, it is the return of the legendary Wall Street trader Gordon Gekko that has been the film’s USP. The film revolves around Wall Street where a young trader tries to make the best of the crumbling markets around him. Shia LaBeouf’s character and Gordon Gekko cross paths when the former starts to date the daughter of the legend. It looks like the money is not going to sleep soon with this thriller from Oliver Stone.
- Wall Street Money Never Sleeps Becomes No. 1 At The Domestic Box Office - Sep 27, 2010
- 'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps' tops US box office - Sep 27, 2010
- Movie Review: Wall Street (2010) - Sep 25, 2010
- Michael Douglas' 'Wall Street 2' tops weekend box-office with $19m - Sep 27, 2010
- Michael Douglas at the premiere of Wall Street - Sep 23, 2010
- 'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps' breaks the circuit at the Box Office! - Sep 29, 2010
- 'Wall Street' - how greed is legal in troubled times (IANS Film Review; Rating:***1/2) - Sep 25, 2010
- Frank Langella is back for 'Wall Street 2' - Aug 10, 2009
- Javier Bardem quits 'Wall Street' sequel - Jul 25, 2009
- Oliver Stone Is Back With The Sequel Of "Wall Street" - Sep 20, 2010
- $19 million bagged by 'Wall Street' in the weekend - Sep 27, 2010
- Mulligan back to Britain post-split from LaBeouf - Oct 18, 2010
- Shia Labeouf says Wall Street role proved financially lucrative for him - Feb 22, 2010
- 'The Social Network' tops box office for the second week in a row - Oct 11, 2010
- Release of 'Wall Street' sequel delayed - Mar 12, 2010
Tags: betty white, central character, cross paths, daughter of the legend, fantasy adventure, female star, ga hoole, gordon gekko, jake moore, jamie lee curtis, josh brolin, kristin bell, legendary wall street, michael douglas, oliver stone, shia labeouf, street money, wall street sequel, wall street trader, zack snyder