Walking Tall by Phil KarlsonMarch 23rd, 2009 - 12:32 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
Walking Tall is a movie based on on true events in the life of Tennessee sheriff Buford Pusser, who “removes” corruption from his county with a four-foot-long wooden club. When the criminals attack his family, Buford shoots a whorehouse manager in the head and runs hillbilly gangsters over with his car. He wins and wages his own little war against them.
Walking Tall is a 1973 semi-biopic of Sheriff Buford Pusser, a former professional wrestler-turned-lawman in McNairy County, Tennessee. It starred Joe Don Baker as Pusser. The film was directed by Phil Karlson. Starring Joe Don Baker, Elizabeth Hartman,and Gene Evans.
In 2004, there was a remake of the same film. Having the star cast Dwayne Johnson, Kristen Wilson,Ashley Scott and Johnny Knoxville. The film directed by Kevin Bray. Walking Tall 2004 was nominated and achieved a Teen Choice Award in the category of Choice Movie Actor - Drama/Action Adventure : Dwayne Johnson and in 2005 nominated for Taurus Award in the category of Best High Work :Tanoai Reed and Mike Dopud.
- Skinny US inmate escapes prison by squeezing through cell bars! - Nov 27, 2010
- Two killed when small plane crashes in northern Arkansas - Sep 08, 2010
- 28 die as tornadoes rip US (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- US Justice Department Sues Sheriff Joe Arpaio - Sep 03, 2010
- Tennessee Amber Alert issued after father kidnaps two young children - May 29, 2010
- Eight die as tornadoes slam US state - Mar 03, 2012
- Tornadoes kill 14 in US (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Ray Stevenson to star in 'GI Joe' sequel - Jul 11, 2011
- 32 killed as tornadoes rip US (Third Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- LiLo faces battery charge - Jan 05, 2011
- Arizona sheriff gifts Sarah Palin a pair of pink underwear! - Oct 26, 2010
- KISS guitarist Vinnie Vincent arrested - May 23, 2011
- Windies beat Australia by 14 runs in second T20 - Mar 31, 2012
- Mumbai Indians sign Smith for injured Johnson - May 02, 2012
- Missing Neb. Teenager Resurfaces In Arkansas - Jul 16, 2010
Tags: ashley scott, biopic, drama action, dwayne johnson, elizabeth hartman, gene evans, joe don baker, johnny knoxville, kevin bray, kristen wilson, lawman, little war, mcnairy county tennessee, phil karlson, professional wrestler, sheriff buford pusser, teen choice award, tennessee sheriff buford pusser, true events, walking tall