Waited long to play my age on screen: Prachi DesaiApril 11th, 2012 - 5:43 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, April 11 (IANS) Prachi Desai, who started her career with popular television serial “Kasamh Se” and then graduated to the big screen with the movie “Rock On!!”, is happy playing her age in her forthcoming films.
Prachi will be seen in “Bol Bachchan”, starring Ajay Devgn and Abhishek Bachchan and “I Main Aur Main” that has John Abraham in the lead role. Both the films will release in June.
“It has been a long time that I waited to play my age on screen and be myself, play roles that are more like me. I guess ‘Bol Bachchan’ and ‘I Me Aur Main’ have given me that chance. This is the phase I am really enjoying,” she told reporters at the launch of a skin care product here Tuesday.
“I am in the experimenting phase. I am really liking the work I am doing now. It was something that I was waiting for. The kind of roles I play now were the ones I was looking forward to play,” the 23-year-old added.
Prachi launched sun protection Ultrasheer Complete UV Moisture by skincare brand Neutrogena.
She was last seen in 2010 hit underworld drama “Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai” as Mumtaaz and even bagged an award for the best supporting actress. Though she is not a part of the sequel to the movie, but says that the sequel will be better than the original.
“‘Once Uplon A Time In Mumbaai’ is a very, very special film for me. Apart from that, I would say that Milan Luthria is one of my favourite directors and Rajat Arora is one of my favourite writers. They are making a sequel to the film and I am very happy about it.
“I know for sure that it’s going to be a fantastic film. I am looking forward to it because the story is completely different, the cast is completely different and I believe it is going to be even better than the first one,” she said.
- Outsiders are not taken seriously in Bollywood: Prachi Desai - Jul 04, 2012
- Prachi happy to play her age in 'I, Me Aur Main' - Jun 24, 2012
- I'm not going back to TV: Prachi Desai - May 12, 2012
- All set for makeover: Prachi Desai - Aug 25, 2011
- Prachi wants to be paired with Devgn on screen - Jun 26, 2012
- John, Prachi to dance on 'Na jaane kahan se aayi hai' - Mar 16, 2012
- Prachi, Neha thank moms for their support - May 10, 2012
- Prachi Desai dons the Bobby Attire for her Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai. - Jun 16, 2010
- Rohit Shetty feels the 100-crore pressure - Jul 25, 2012
- 100 crore is the new silver jubilee: Abhishek Bachchan - Aug 04, 2012
- I have a lot to learn: Abhishek Bachchan - Jun 27, 2012
- Rohit Shetty ropes in Archana, VIP for 'Bol Bachchan' (Movie Snippets) - Aug 28, 2011
- TV is stepping stone to films, says actor Gautam Gulati (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Big B recreates 'My name is Anthony Gonsalves' - May 08, 2012
- Ajay's character in "Bol..." mix of 'Singham', 'Golmaal' - Jul 03, 2012
Tags: abhishek bachchan, arora, best supporting actress, forthcoming films, john abraham, launch, lead role, long time, milan, mumbai, prachi desai, sequel, skin care, skin care product, sun protection, television, underworld drama