W. Australia Deputy Premier meets Deora, MoU on oil and gas cooperationJuly 15th, 2008 - 7:13 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 15 (ANI): Western Australia’’s Deputy Premier Eric Ripper today called on Petroleum and Natural Gas MInister Murli Deora.
The two leaders reportedly discussed ways of taking forward existing cooperation between India and Western Australia in the oil and gas sector. Both felt that there was potential for cooperation in various activities in these two sectors, especially in exploration and production, coal bed methane, LNG, etc.
During the meeting, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between Directorate General of Hydrocarbons(DGH) of India and Department of Industry and Resources(DOIR) of Western Australia.
Stedman Illias, Deputy DG, DOIR and V.K. Sibal, DG, DGH, a technical arm of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Ministry in the upstream sector, signed the MoU.
The two leaders described the MoU signed on Tuesday as a significant beginning in the cooperation between India and Western Australia.
The MoU aims at enhancing cooperation and understanding on oil and gas related issues and exchange information and pass on good practices in the development of policy on oil and gas exploration, production and field abandonment, exchange of expertise etc. It also identifies broad areas of cooperation. These include aquifer depletion specific to the oil and gas sector, enhanced oil recovery, coal bed methane gas, education and training, joint research and development and any other areas that are mutually agreed upon by both parties.
The two sides will seek to approve a programme of cooperation each year or such other jointly decided time period. The MoU is valid for a period of five years and may be further extended with mutual consent. (ANI)
- India, Australian state sign MoU in oil and gas - Jul 15, 2008
- India, Saskatchewan sign MoU on mineral resources - Mar 15, 2011
- Andhra gets Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment at Partnership Summit (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- India looks to Trinidad for oil, signs 5 pacts - Jan 06, 2012
- India, Russia sign 30 pacts - Dec 21, 2010
- India, Afghanistan sign pact on iron and steel - Apr 09, 2012
- India, Russia sign 29 agreements from defence to trade - Dec 22, 2010
- Andhra bags Rs.5.57 lakh crore investment projects - Jan 12, 2012
- Pakistan, Turkmenistan ink five accords - Nov 15, 2011
- India, Angola to speed up petroleum sector cooperation - Oct 31, 2010
- IndianOil, BP MoU for acetic acid plant - Nov 23, 2011
- India seeks higher crude oil supplies from Angola - Oct 31, 2010
- India, Angola agree for cooperation in hydrocarbon sector - Jan 27, 2010
- India, Bulgaria ink healthcare deal - Nov 28, 2011
- UAE, South Korea sign MoU in health care - Mar 15, 2011
Tags: coal bed methane, coal bed methane gas, department of industry and resources, directorate general, doir, enhanced oil recovery, exploration and production, exploration production, gas cooperation, gas sector, illias, memorandum of understanding, mou, murli deora, mutual consent, oil and gas exploration, sibal, stedman, technical arm, western australia