Vogue model sues Google over blogger’’s ‘’skank” commentJanuary 6th, 2009 - 1:46 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Jan 6 (ANI): Model Liskula Cohen has filed a lawsuit against Google in a bid to unmask the blogger who called her a “skank” and an “old hag” on a Web site meant to ruin her image.
The Vogue model, who has posed for Giorgio Armani and Versace, wants to force Google to reveal who defamed her on the blog “Skanks in NYC” as the “No.1 skanky superstar.”
“I can”t begin to imagine why someone would post these things then hide behind a screenname. I guess we”re going to have to find out,” The New York Daily News quoted her lawyer, Steven Wagner, as saying.
As part of the defamation suit filed in Manhattan Supreme Court, the blonde beauty seeking a court order compelling Google and its Blogger.com subsidiary to identify the person who led the vicious Internet assault against her.
However, Wagner agreed that its quite difficult to identify bloggers who pitch insults anonymously, considering that New York courts have generally declined to unmask them.
“We think we have a case. This is libelous, it’’s defamatory and you shouldn”t just get away with this,” he said.
On the site, Cohen, 36, is referred to as a desperate “40-something” who “may have been hot 10 years ago. Desperation seeps from her soul, if she even has one.
According to the suit, Cohen came to know of the blog via two people after hearing about it from modeling clients, who “were concerned about Cohen’’s image and its relationship to the client’’s products.”
“She’’s quite upset,” said Wagner. (ANI)
- Liskula Cohen wins right to unmask blogger - Aug 19, 2009
- Liskula Cohen: Former Vogue Covergirl To Sue Debunked Blogger - Aug 19, 2009
- Model Cohen drops defamation suit against blogger - Aug 23, 2009
- Canadian model taking Google to court - Jan 09, 2009
- Rosemary Port: The Anonymous Blogger To Sue Google For Revealing Her Identity - Aug 24, 2009
- Rosemary Port's Case Revisited In Carla Franklin's Complaint - Aug 19, 2010
- YouTube sued for 'derogatory' video by Toronto cop - Oct 18, 2010
- Remove derogatory content against Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Google told - May 10, 2012
- Delhi bloggers meet offline to discuss issues, gadgets - Jun 11, 2012
- January Jones dubbed 'the most glamorous actress of our time' - Jan 29, 2011
- Court order on plea against army chief April 26 - Apr 21, 2012
- 'Mad Men' star January Jones signs on to be the new face of Versace - Nov 24, 2010
- Experts debate over the judgment in the Crystal Cox case - Dec 08, 2011
- Court asks Facebook, Orkut to remove objectionable pictures - Dec 22, 2011
- Arizona shooting: Palin accuses her critics of 'blood libel' - Jan 13, 2011
Tags: blogger, blonde beauty, defamation suit, desperation, giorgio armani, google, insults, internet assault, new york courts, new york daily news, old hag, screenname, seeps, skank, skanks, skanky, steven wagner, versace, vogue model, york daily news