Vogue editor declares war on designers supporting ’size-zero trend’June 13th, 2009 - 12:47 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 13 (ANI): Alexandra Shulman, the editor of Vogue’s British edition, has blasted world’s leading catwalk designers for dragging super-skinny models into magazines despite growing concern over “size-zero” trend.
In an effort to raise awareness and vent anger, Shulman has taken on all the largest fashion houses in a strongly worded letter sent to scores of designers in Europe and America.
The letter, which is not for publication but has been seen by The Times, Shulman has accused designers of making magazines hire models with “jutting bones and no breasts or hips” by supplying them with “minuscule” garments for their photoshoots.
She said Vogue is now frequently “retouching” photographs to make models look larger.
“We have now reached the point where many of the sample sizes don’t comfortably fit even the established star models,” Shulman writes, in a letter sent to Karl Lagerfeld, John Galliano and fellow designers at Prada, Versace, Yves Saint Laurent, Balen- ciaga and other top fashion houses. (ANI)
- Kate Moss to be face of Dior's new beauty campaign - Oct 30, 2010
- Kate Moss gets new hairstyle - Nov 04, 2010
- Naomi Campbell opens up about career on catwalk - Sep 30, 2010
- Kate Moss To Endorse Vogue Eyewear - Oct 21, 2010
- Gender bender model Andrej Pejic takes modeling to a new dimension - Feb 09, 2012
- Kate Moss to front Vogue's eyewear collection - Oct 20, 2010
- Allen turns fashion journalist - May 28, 2011
- Snoop Dogg teams up with Lagerfeld for new video - Sep 04, 2011
- Christopher Kane to join Dior ? - Feb 29, 2012
- Designer Karl Lagerfeld says no one wants to look at fat models - Oct 12, 2009
- Health food mag fattens up thin model - May 16, 2010
- Vogue editor 'urged Kate Middleton to pick McQueen dress for wedding' - Mar 08, 2011
- Karl Lagerfeld to design helicopters? - Apr 07, 2012
- Karl Lagerfeld: 'I don't like Pippa Middleton's face' - Aug 01, 2012
- Indian fashion industry can't afford me: Ujjwala Raut - Oct 16, 2011
Tags: alexandra shulman, balen, breasts, ciaga, europe and america, fashion houses, fellow designers, garments, growing concern, hips, john galliano, karl lagerfeld, photoshoots, retouching photographs, star models, super skinny models, vent anger, versace, vogue editor, yves saint laurent