(VM) ‘Disco Valley’overcomes pig problemAugust 8th, 2012 - 8:49 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 8 (IANS) The producer of “Disco Valley” faced a pig crisis. He wanted to hire a trained pig and transport it from Australia to Fiji for the movie, but this would have cost him more than the film’s entire budget. The Fijian prime minister stepped in and offered a local pig and a dog trainer. Now, the actors are a tad upset over all the attention to the animal.
The pig has a key role in the romantic comedy “Disco Valley”, which features Rajat Barmecha, Manjot Singh and Shazahn Padamsee.
Since having a trained pig flown from Australia to Fiji, where the film will be shot, was costing way beyond expected, producer Siddharth Jain sought help from Fijian Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama.
“When we decided to make a pig a pivotal character, we never realised it would be so expensive. More than the cost of hiring a pig, maintaining it everyday was too expensive. So instead of hiring the pig, we decided to buy it outright and get a pig trainer,” said Jain.
But then began the next stretch of problems.
“We wanted a small cute pig. So we paid the price of an oversized pig for a small one. Then we realised that the pig was temperamental. So we hired two identical pigs, so that if one was not the mood at the time of the shot the other one could can step in,” he added.
However, the producer is grateful to Bainimarama for offering help.
“He suggested we use local pigs instead of bringing them from Australia. We couldn’t get a pig trainer, so we now have a dog trainer looking after the pigs.”
This excessive attention to the pigs is said to have not gone down too well with the actors in “Diso Valley”. Rajat and Manjot have reportedly made their displeasure very clear to the producer.
But Jain says “It can’t be helped.”
According to the film’s script, the pig is required to accompany the main human characters everywhere.
- 'Udaan' actor set for road movie with Australian pig - Mar 25, 2012
- 'Satyamev Jayate' had huge impact: Imran Khan (Movie Snippets) - Aug 09, 2012
- India doesn't make too many films for children: Revathy - May 02, 2012
- Fiji military chief says he might delay promised elections - Jul 13, 2010
- Actors to pay staff from own pockets, producers happy - Jul 24, 2012
- Fiji courts China to Indian community's dismay (Comment) - Aug 15, 2010
- Rajat Barmecha shows dark side in 'Shaitan' - Apr 28, 2011
- Hindi film industry wastes too much money: Anurag Kashyap - May 09, 2011
- New Zealand threatened Fiji's military chief with 'loss of family access' over coup - Dec 25, 2010
- UN chief hails Fiji's plan for new constitution - Mar 13, 2012
- Ex-Fiji PM Mahendra Chaudhry arrested by military regime - Oct 03, 2010
- Fiji is new hotspot for Indian movies - Jun 16, 2012
- Fiji scraps holiday on Elizabeth's birthday - Aug 02, 2012
- 'Anarkali disco chali' puts pressure on Malaika, Farah - Feb 13, 2012
- Fiji to launch drive for voter registration - Jun 15, 2012