VJs make excellent actors: Shenaz TreasuryvalaJuly 30th, 2012 - 3:22 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 30 (IANS) She was one of the earliest among the popular Video Jockeys (VJ) to make a shift to Bollywood. Now as names like Ayushmann Khurrana and Rannvijay are taking the trend forward, Shenaz Treasuryvala says VJs make excellent actors, given their confidence to face the camera.
“I think VJs make excellent actors as we are not camera-shy and already have confidence. It’s all under the blanket of being an on-screen personality,” Shenaz told IANS in an email interview.
Shenaz used to anchor music show “MTV’S Most Wanted” for many years, before she made a move to Bollywood with Ken Ghosh’s 2003 movie “Ishq Vishk”. After that she featured in films like “Radio” and “Delhi Belly”.
The 31-year-old will now be seen in romantic comedy “Main Aur Mr. Right”, in which she plays the role of a perfectionist looking for her ‘Mr. Right’.
Shenaz feels every girl will be able to relate to the story.
“Most girls, no matter how practical, independent, mature or modern they claim to be, cannot let go of the teenage girl inside them… the girl who’s grown up on Shah Rukh Khan or Tom Hanks’s films.
“Somewhere inside us, we are all dreaming of a man to sweep us off our feet and ride us away into the sunset on a big black horse. So I think women of all ages can relate to the movies,” she added.
Asked if she is equally choosy in her real life as well, she said: “Not as much as my character. She takes picky to another level. I feel that no man is going to be perfect and check all the boxes so I need to pick my top five and go with a man who fulfills those.”
Directed by Adeeb Rais, “Main Aur Mr. Right” also marks the debut of TV actor Barun Sobti. The film’s release date is not yet finalised.
- I've always aimed for commercial success: Dibakar (Movie Snippets) - Apr 14, 2012
- Ayushmann won't assist Sircar in 'Jaffna' - Aug 19, 2012
- I wanted to prove myself as an actor: Ayushmann Khurrana - Apr 27, 2012
- Ayushmann wants to go with the audiences' choice - May 25, 2012
- Now a film based on Osho's ideology (Movie Snippets) - Mar 26, 2012
- John my god-brother in Bollywood: Ayushmann Khurrana - Apr 17, 2012
- Ayushmann's take on acting, anchoring (Movie Snippets) - Mar 15, 2012
- Ayushmann in talks for 'Tere Bin Laden' sequel - May 29, 2012
- Direction my final destination: John Abraham - Apr 20, 2012
- Not thought about 'Vicky Donor' sequel: John - May 17, 2012
- Chitrangada, Ayushmann excited to host IIFA Rocks - May 24, 2012
- Unconventional films are a safe bet: VJ Ayushmann - Mar 14, 2012
- Ayushmann turns composer, singer for 'Vicky Donor' - Mar 23, 2012
- Post 'Vicky Donor', Ayushmann to focus more on movies - Jun 24, 2012
- Success lies in making the youth happy: John Abraham - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,