Vivek turns to action with parkour stuntsNovember 17th, 2008 - 12:21 pm ICT by Amrit Rashmisrisethi
If you thought Vivek Oberoi has been a bit out of news, here’s what the actor’s been up to. Vivek’s just completed a two-month long schedule for Kumar Taurani’s untitled film in South Africa.
“He’s done parkour stunts in this one,” informs his publicist Dale Bhagwagar. “We’ve seen these kind of stunts in international films like ‘Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon’ and the James Bond thriller ‘Casino Royale’. But they are new to Bollywood. Vivek has been receiving special training for these from action experts Dean from UK and David from Thailand.”
So, what actually, are ‘parkour stunts’? “They’re about jumping freestyle and clinging to the next thing in sight. They’re meant to help one overcome obstacles, which can be anything in the surrounding environment, from branches and rocks to rails and concrete walls. Remember that famous chase sequence in the beginning of ‘Casino Royale’, where Daniel Craig and a black guy jump on under-construction buildings. That’s parkour,” Bhagwagar tells us.
“It’s not easy to perform and requires solid body-discipline and training too. One little slip and the actor can end up breaking his bones,” he adds. The film is directed by Kookie V. Gulati and will star three heroines opposite Vivek.
This month, the actor is also set to fly to New York to begin shooting for the Karan Johar production directed by Rensil D’Silva. Vivek co-stars with Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor in this one.
- Arjun feels like vampire (Movie Snippets) - Dec 17, 2011
- Oberoi, Neha in gangster love story - Mar 24, 2012
- Prateik learns fire dance for 'Issaq' - Nov 10, 2011
- Vivek Oberoi meets Jaipur's royal family - Mar 15, 2010
- 'Prince' is high-voltage action: Director - Apr 03, 2010
- 'Prince' narrates a thief's race for survival (IANS Preview) - Apr 05, 2010
- PRINCE tuned in to surprise on Valentine's Day! - Feb 13, 2010
- My 'lovely ladies' helped me with intimate scenes: Vivek Oberoi (Interview) - Mar 29, 2010
- Vivek Oberoi launches audio album of Prince - Feb 23, 2010
- Bollywood in action: Death spotlights safety measures - Apr 14, 2012
- Actors should forget health issues while shooting: Salman Khan - Jul 21, 2012
- Prince backs off due to security reasons - Feb 15, 2010
- Watch 'Tezz' for fast paced action (IANS Preview) - Apr 24, 2012
- From Kaal to Kurbaan - Oct 26, 2009
- Shaurya shot 'Krrish 3' action scenes without stunt double - Aug 01, 2012
Tags: casino royale, chase, co stars, concrete walls, construction buildings, crouching tiger hidden dragon, daniel craig, freestyle, gulati, heroines, international films, james bond thriller, karan johar, kareena kapoor, parkour stunts, publicist, saif ali khan, tiger hidden dragon, untitled film, vivek oberoi