Vishnuvardhan inaugurates School of Acting-Animation in Loyola CollegeJanuary 23rd, 2010 - 7:35 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Recently, Filmmakers Vishnuvardhan, Thankar Bacchan and Parthiban had graced over the press meet held at Loyola College. The educational institution happens to be one of the most renowned colleges in India. Especially, the School of Media Studies has been a learning institution for various reigning actors and filmmakers including Vijay, Vikram, Vishal, director Vishnuvardhan, Surya and others.
Dr. Rajanayagam, Dean of SMS, Loyola College has commenced diploma courses for acting and animation. Interacting with media channels, Dr. Rajanayagam says that the Diploma in Film Acting is designed as a creative mix of aesthetics, intelligence, psycho-physical wellbeing, and body language. The Diploma in Visual Effects, Animation and Game Design will also kick-start by end of this month.
Both the courses will be carried with respective period of six months with various filmmakers, technicians, dramatists and other celebrities from film industry rendering occasional lectures.
Director Vishnuvardhan shared his experience of graduating from School of Media Studies that he could identify himself as a visual artist over there. In literal sense, the institution provides a substantial platform to all students of gaining knowledge in their preferred field of specialization.
Throwing more light on his present project, director Vishnuvardhan said, “Right now, I am working on a period film set in backdrops of ancient era ruled by King Rajendra Chola. Soon after completing the script works, we are planning to approach actor Vikram.”
On his turn, actor Parthiban said, “Acting is something not about aping what the director has insisted, but being natural. I’m sure; this institution would render a meaningful education on these arenas.”
Richard Mahesh/Sampurn Media
- Controversies At The 'Aridhu Aridhu' Musical Launch - Jun 12, 2010
- 'Vithagan' not a wholesome entertainer (Tamil Movie Review) - Nov 20, 2011
- Parthiban To Work In Mollywood Again - Nov 29, 2010
- Vikram And Madharasapattinam Vijay Together - Aug 13, 2010
- Vikram, Vijay, Surya to pay homage to Loyola College - Sep 11, 2009
- AIADMK favoured by voters: College survey - Apr 02, 2011
- Movie Review: Aayirathil Oruvan (2010) - Jan 16, 2010
- Aayirathil Oruvan a mix of Indiana Jones and Magadheera? - Dec 15, 2009
- Pacchai Enginra Kaathu Is Ready For Release - Jul 29, 2010
- 'Mr. Duplicate' a bad copy of 'Minnale' (Kannada Film Review) - Aug 06, 2011
- Hopkins likely to play Hitchcock - Jan 25, 2011
- Rajini meets Vishnu's family - Jan 09, 2010
- 'Crazy Loka' - good actors wasted (Kannada Movie Review) - Jun 09, 2012
- Not doing Shankar's film: Deepika Padukone - Jul 24, 2012
- Vikram's 'Vedi' Starts From July - Jun 16, 2010
Tags: actor vikram, backdrops, creative mix, diploma courses, dramatists, educational institution, game design, learning institution, literal sense, mahesh, meaningful education, media channels, occasional lectures, parthiban, period film, physical wellbeing, present project, rajendra, vishnuvardhan, visual artist