Vishal Karwal doesn’t want to play oldie on screen (With Image)July 3rd, 2011 - 8:24 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 3 (IANS) Television actor Vishal Karwal doesn’t mind mythological characters, but he is not comfortable doing roles older than his age.
“If I play a character where my son is 20 years old, that means I am 40. I don’t think I will be convincing enough. If I don’t feel 40 myself, how will I convince my audience? I can’t do roles that I am not comfortable with,” Vishal, known as Vinay of TV show “Bhagyavidhata”, told IANS.
He has quit “Bhagyavidhata” after the show took a 15-year leap.
Vishal, a computer engineering and a trained commercial pilot, entered showbiz with the fourth season of “MTV Roadies”.
After that he participated in another MTV show called “Splitsvilla”, which he even won. He hosted another show on the same channel called “Couplesutra”.
He later shifted to daily soaps with “Bhagyavidhata” and “Rishton Se Badi Pratha”.
“When you are doing reality shows, you don’t have to act, you are just playing yourself. I was just Vishal over there. I wanted to do better work because reality shows don’t pay you much, so I did serials,” he said.
Vishal will now be seen as Lord Krishna in Sagar Arts’s new historical show “Dwarkadheesh”, which will go on air Monday on Imagine TV. He finds the the role most challenging.
“The roles that I played before were where as an actor you can give your own inputs, but with a character like this you can’t really experiment because there are sentiments attached to it,” said the 27-year-old.
“Nitish (Bhardwaj) had played Lord Krishna (in ‘Mahabharat’) before and I closely followed the show. I am big fan of Nitishji. If I am able to do even one-tenth of what he did, I would be more than satisfied,” added Vishal who hopes to prove his versatility as an actor with the show.
“I was offered couple of shows in different channels but they were same kind of roles that I have played earlier… I want people to respect me as an actor,” he said.
- Lord Krishna's untold story now on small screen - Jun 27, 2011
- Daily soaps? No way, says Ranvijay - Jul 18, 2012
- Age of typical vamps long gone: TV actress Ridheema Tiwari (With Images) - Aug 11, 2012
- Gagan Malik, Neha Sargam to play Ram, Sita in 'Ramayan' (With Images) - Aug 23, 2012
- Rishton Se Badi Pratha Going On Air In Colors Today - Nov 15, 2010
- No place for simple people in TV industry: Smita Singh - Nov 04, 2011
- 'Splitsvilla' winner Siddharth to enter 'Bigg Boss 5' - Oct 15, 2011
- After acting, its food business for Yash Sinha - Jan 30, 2012
- Working on television not easy: Priya Bhatija (With Image) - Jul 20, 2011
- I want to stay away from saas-bahu sagas: TV actress Smita - Mar 20, 2011
- TV actor Sachin Parikh prefers negative roles - Jun 18, 2012
- Dakssh Ajit Singh to enter 'Chhal Sheh Aur Maat' - Jun 18, 2012
- From director to actor, role reversal is in - Aug 30, 2012
- There are no villains: Manoj Bajpayee - Dec 09, 2011
- I want unconventional roles: Mrunal Jain (TV Snippets) - May 17, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,