Vishal Bhardwajchanges Priyanka Chopra for ‘Kaminey’May 13th, 2009 - 12:18 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
By Joginder Tuteja
Recently Priyanka Chopra stated that her character of Sweety in ‘Kaminey’ is so well written that it would surely make an impact. Well, considering the fact that director Vishal Bhardwaj has been known for presenting his female leads in a distinct avatar, one tends to agree with Priyanka. After all he is the same man who succeeded in giving a new image to his female actors like Tabu, Kareena Kapoor and Shabana Azmi after working with them in ‘Maqbool’, ‘Omkara’ and ‘Makdee’ respectively. Hence, there is no reason why it should be any different in the film maker’s fourth outing ‘Kaminey’.
“I do hope that I have been able to do justice to Vishal’s vision for this wonderful character that he has created. You don’t get to work in a fantastic movie like ‘Kaminey’ and play someone like Sweety (the name of her character) every day”, says Priyanka who has been patiently waiting for the film’s arrival in theaters.
Earlier release plan for the film was 5th June. However, in the current situation when there is still no clarity around the release dates of the films, courtesy the stand off between producers and multiplexes, ‘Kaminey’ is expected to be pushed forward by at least a month.
Priyanka Chopra is also mighty excited about donning an altogether new look for the character of Sweety. However, she is also keeping her fingers crossed to find out whether she has been able to justify the kind of confidence that the film maker has shown in her.
Coming to the looks department, she has been donning quite a few different looks in her last few films, case in point being ‘Fashion’ and ‘Dostana’. So is it right to assume that it was a conscious decision on her part to mix glamorous roles (as seen in ‘Dostana’ and ‘Fashion’) with a real look, as seen in ‘Kaminey’?
“Well yes, it was a conscious decision for sure. I am mixing it up and ‘What’s your Rashee’, which would come next, would see me in a completely different light as well”, says Priyanka who has worked with Harman Baweja in this Ashutosh Gowariker directed film.
Just like ‘Kaminey’, ‘What’s Your Rashee’ too has been produced by UTV Motion Pictures (though in collaboration with Ashutosh Gowariker Productions). The film was earlier slated for a September release and it has to be seen whether the release of ‘Kaminey’ being pushed would have any bearing on ‘What’s Your Rashee’.
Starring Shahid Kapoor in a double role and featuring Amol Gupte (Writer of ‘Taare Zameen Par’) in the role of the main villain, ‘Kaminey’ has lyrics by Gulzar and music by Vishal Bhardwaj who is also responsible for the story, screenplay and dialogues of the film. -Sampurn Media
- My next character will surely make an impact: Priyanka Chopra - May 09, 2009
- Why has Priyanka gone for minimal make up look in KAMINEY? - Aug 11, 2009
- 'Kaali' is the soul of 'Agneepath': Priyanka - Dec 28, 2011
- I'm not doing '2 States': Priyanka Chopra - Jun 29, 2011
- Priyanka Chopra off to Phuket for 28th birthday - Jul 17, 2010
- Priyanka Chopra gets set to seduce 7 husbands - Dec 28, 2009
- After bikinis and minis, Priyanka goes de-glam for 'Kaminay' - Mar 01, 2009
- Priyanka to play Mohanlal's wife in 'Seven Husbands' - Jan 13, 2010
- Toronto to miss Rani, Priyanka this year - Sep 10, 2010
- Shahid-Priyanka chemistry in 'Teri Meri...' better than 'Kaminey' - Apr 12, 2012
- Playing 40 was the toughest: Priyanka Chopra (Interview) - Jan 25, 2011
- Priyanka's old world charm in Kunal Kohli's next (With Images) - May 27, 2011
- Doing something different makes acting fun: Priyanka Chopra (Interview) - Sep 19, 2010
- Success more dangerous than failure: Shahid Kapoor (Interview) - May 20, 2012
- 'Darrling' inspired by popular Russian song: Vishal Bhardwaj - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: avatar, case in point, clarity, conscious decision, current situation, different light, dostana, female actors, film maker, glamorous roles, joginder, kareena kapoor, new image, omkara, priyanka chopra, rashee, s vision, shabana azmi, sweety, vishal bhardwaj