Virgin boss wants to name plane after Miranda KerrFebruary 22nd, 2009 - 4:13 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Jan 22 (ANI): Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson is so smitten by Aussie model Miranda Kerrs beauty that he wants to name a plane after her.
The hell-raising aviation bigwig is set to arrive in town in preparation for the inaugural flight of the VAustralia service from Sydney to Los Angeles.
And he wants to name one of the seven aircraft in the VAustralia fleet after the David Jones/Victoria’’s Secret model.
A spokesman for A V Australia has confirmed that Kerr is being considered as the airline’’s answer to Nancy Bird Walton - the late aviatrix, after whom the Qantas 380 was named.
“The first VAustralia aircraft is the Didgeree Blue,”” News.com.au quoted the spokesman, as saying.
“The aircraft are usually female in persona and will likely be named after inspiring contemporary women, who match the brand personality for Vaustralia,”” he added. (ANI)
- Miraanda Kerr becomes Qantas face - Jan 14, 2012
- Qantas A380 Flight Service Returns To Normalcy - Nov 27, 2010
- 36 cracks found in an aircraft's wings - Feb 08, 2012
- Two Singapore Airlines A380s back in service after engine replacement - Nov 15, 2010
- Qantas Airplane Hit By Break Snag At Melbourne - Nov 30, 2010
- Qantas plane forced to return after bird strike - Nov 17, 2010
- Qantas to start A380 services to Los Angeles this month - Jan 11, 2011
- Virgin boss fails to snag Miranda Kerr for new airline - Feb 27, 2009
- After all clear, Qantas to resume A380 flights to US - Jan 12, 2011
- Another Qantas plane makes emergency landing - Nov 13, 2010
- Naked Miranda Kerr photo shoot surfaces - Oct 31, 2010
- Now, Qantas 747 forced to return back to Sydney following electrical system problem - Nov 15, 2010
- Another Qantas plane grounded in Australia following engine failure - Nov 28, 2010
- Qantas CEO blames 'engine material failure' for mid-air explosion on A380 engine - Nov 05, 2010
- Richard Branson to hire Ian Thorpe for V Australia role? - Feb 28, 2009
Tags: airline, aviation, aviatrix, bigwig, blue news, boss, brand personality, contemporary women, fleet, inaugural flight, melbourne, miranda kerr, miranda kerrs, nancy bird walton, news com au, secret model, sir richard branson, spokesman, victoria, virgin