Virgin boss fails to snag Miranda Kerr for new airlineFebruary 27th, 2009 - 3:20 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Feb 27 (ANI): Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson’’s plan to snag Miranda Kerr for his new airline V Australia received a setback after the models premier Australian client, David Jones, raised objection.
Branson had been wooing Kerr to become the face of his new airline, a flight service between Australia and the US.
However, Jones is understood to have objected to their face becoming Branson’’s.
Branson had already named one of seven new long haul Boeing aircraft in her honour and an advertising campaign was scheduled to be shot in Brisbane.
But the campaign was scrapped at the last moment when Jones reminded Kerr of her contractual commitments in Australia and that she is not allowed to appear for any other brand in the country.
According to industry sources, Branson had been sold the deal by IMG Australia, the fashion arm of which operates Australian Fashion Week.
It is believed it they were keen to attract sponsorship from the airline.
IMGModels manages Kerr internationally but not in Australia, where she is managed by Chic model agency.
IMG Fashion’’s Daniel Hill denied any deal was being done to sign Kerr for the new airline.
The department store said it was well known Kerr was exclusively theirs in Australia and could not see how other deals would be proposed.
“David Jones is committed to supporting the growth of Miranda’’s career opportunities both within Australia and internationally, recognising that Miranda is already Australia’’s leading supermodel,” the Daily Telegraph quoted Jones” group general manager of marketing, Damian Eales, as saying. (ANI)
- Miranda Kerr, Orlando Bloom Become Proud Parents Of Baby Boy - Jan 09, 2011
- Supermodel Miranda Kerr Announces That She Is Pregnant - Aug 20, 2010
- Miranda Kerr staying away from fashion role to be full-time mum - Jan 16, 2011
- Bloom, Kerr wed secretly - Jul 23, 2010
- Working every day till Dec17: Miranda - Aug 17, 2009
- Miraanda Kerr becomes Qantas face - Jan 14, 2012
- Orlando Bloom secretly weds Miranda Kerr - Jul 23, 2010
- Fire caused by lightening destroys Miranda Kerr's grandparents' house - Jan 06, 2011
- Orlando Bloom & Miranda Karr Have Secret Wedding Amid Pregnant Rumors - Jul 28, 2010
- Naked Miranda Kerr photo shoot surfaces - Oct 31, 2010
- Miranda Kerr Poses Nude With Her Baby Bump For W Magazine - Nov 11, 2010
- Kerr becomes earth hour ambassador - Mar 14, 2012
- Kerr loved pregnant catwalk - May 22, 2012
- Miranda Kerr shows off baby bump in public - Sep 28, 2010
- Orlando Bloom, The Prospective Father, Is Really Excited - Aug 21, 2010
Tags: advertising campaign, australian fashion week, boeing aircraft, chic model agency, contractual commitments, daily telegraph, daniel hill, department store, eales, flight service, group general, img australia, imgmodels, industry sources, jones group, last moment, miranda kerr, objection, setback, sir richard branson