Vinay Pathak’s next about funny side of everyday lifeMay 3rd, 2008 - 12:36 am ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 2 (IANS) Comic actor Vinay Pathak will be seen next in “Dasvidaniya”, a film conceived by him and director Shashant Shah about “the funnier side of everyday existence”. A comedy, “Dasvidaniya” stars Ranvir Shorey, Rajat Kapoor, Neha Dhupia, Saurabh Shukla and Suchitra Pillai apart from Pathak himself.
“It is about an ordinary man called Amar Kaul, who has high objectives in life. But as he cannot put the objectives in proper perspective, as most of us do in real life, he falters at every step. The movie will take the audience on a roller-coaster comic ride with Amar,” Pathak told IANS.
“Dasvidaniya” is being produced by One More Thought Entertainment, promoted by former aviation entrepreneur Pavez Damania and producer Azam Khan, in association with Lemontea Productions floated by Pathak and director Shashant Shah.
“One More Thought believes in quality work. Our first release ‘Tingya’, an award-winning Marathi venture that is now running to packed houses in Maharashtra, has already testified it. We are producing ‘Dasvidaniya’ in association with Lemontea Productions because we have full faith in the brand of intelligent comedy Vinay Pathak is known for,” Khan, CEO of One More Thought Entertainment, said while announcing their new venture earlier this week.
One More Thought Entertainment was launched in February, announcing 12 movies to be made in a span of three years. While its first production “Tingya” is already doing well, the company’s forthcoming releases are Ram Gopal Verma’s “Phoonk” and “Khalbali Hai Khalbali” by Ajay Chandok. Both the movies are scheduled for release by the year-end.
Damania, executive director of the company, said the movie was a bitter-sweet situational comedy “brilliantly conceived by Vinay Pathak and Shashant Shah”.
- Funny Vinay Pathak and company are at it again! - May 03, 2008
- 'Chalo Dilli' a refreshing film with a lot of heart (IANS Hindi Film Review, Rating: *** 1/2) - Apr 30, 2011
- Please don't typecast me as a comedian: Vinay Pathak - Nov 04, 2008
- Vinay Pathak returns to entertain with 'Dasvidaniya' - Sep 16, 2008
- Deepak Tijori wants new heroine for next directorial - Jun 27, 2012
- 'Pappu Can't Dance..' Neha's best performance: Vinay - Nov 30, 2011
- Lara Dutta underused as an actor: Vinay Pathak - Mar 31, 2011
- Dasvidaniya - The 2008 Film - Nov 18, 2008
- 'Our cinema is creating literature for India' - Dec 12, 2011
- 'Dasvidaniya' - a bittersweet situational comedy (IANS Film Preview) - Nov 03, 2008
- 'Challo Dilli' scores over 'Shor in..', 'I AM' - May 04, 2011
- Don't kill that small budget entertainer ! - Jun 14, 2011
- TV Comedy Show 'Khichdi' To Be Adapted In A Movie - Aug 14, 2010
- Comedy, romance, action to hit the box-office Friday (IANS Preview) - Jun 13, 2011
- Deepa Sahi ready with her directorial debut 'Tere Mere Phere' - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: actor vinay, ajay, comic actor, damania, everyday existence, everyday life, forthcoming releases, funny side, kaul, maharashtra, neha dhupia, ordinary man, proper perspective, rajat kapoor, ram gopal verma, roller coaster, saurabh shukla, situational comedy, suchitra pillai, vinay pathak