Vinay Pathak in capital to talk about STRAIGHTMarch 14th, 2009 - 7:48 pm ICT by Sampurn Wire
Recently , Vinay Pathak, were in the capital to talk about his film “straight- Pinu Patel Ki Tedhi Medhi Love Story.at Hotel Palace Height.
Vanay said, “When I heard the first sentence of the story, I decided that I will do it. I always look for freshness in the script and something different than usual , that what is Straight about.”
He said, “”Straight’ is a funny tale about Pinu, who struggles with himself, his fears and his complexes, to “come out’ as straight and find himself a love story..It was a great experience working with her and Gulpanag.”
The story is in the midst of central London, a successful Indian restaurant called “Gaylord’ is run by a Londoner of Indian origin called Pinu. A simple soul at heart, Pinu has many complexes – a special one being that he is a virgin and has experienced no intimacy with a woman. To top that, his biggest fear is to be laughed at by people… an ever-repeating phenomenon with him. Pinu is quite an introvert and has no real friends…the closest he has ever gotten to a friendship is with his foster brother rajat, who is quite a contrast to his own personality –A casual air about him, he is the lead singer of a rock band. Rajat is very fond of pinu, though is often a source of annoyance to him as he finds pinu really funny.
One day, a young Indian fellow called Kamlesh comes to his restaurant and asks for a job as a stand-up comedian. Quite thrown off, Pinu initially refuses but finally lets him join as a cook, who also does a stand-up act in the evenings. On the same day, he hires a new cashier - Renu, a young art student from India, who has a passion for caricatures. Life changes dramatically for Pinu as Gaylord begins to transform… Renu works on the look of the place, makes cheerful caricatures for customers while Kamles is a fabulous cook with a great talent for making people laugh in his acts and soon the restaurant is more happening and the business is much better. But the greatest difference they bring to his life is friendship. There is a visible difference in pinu’s personality now as he lets himself hang out a bit with them.
One fine day, Pinu is thrown in to a daze as he walks away from the restaurant …he has discovered a totally new fear – he might be Gay.
Pinu seeks refuge in Rajat’s advice which is quite simply – screw a woman.
On a mission now, Pinu goes on a rampage seeking available women for a sexual rendezvous. However, it leads to him suffering another string of tragicomic situations, ending up feeling humiliated…and laughed at.
- "I PLAY THE CHARACTER OF RENUKA"- Gulpanag - Mar 14, 2009
- Confusion of sexuality at its infancy in 'Straight' (IANS Film Review, Rating:**1/2) - Mar 20, 2009
- Movie Review : Straight (2009) - Mar 20, 2009
- Handicapped man gets life term for killing sister's friend - Feb 17, 2012
- '5 Idiots' is just ordinary (Kannada Movie Review) - Feb 19, 2011
- Reality shows are scripted, says comedian Vir Das (Lead) - Dec 28, 2010
- 'Laugh India Laugh' promises to be clean comedy - Jul 13, 2012
- 'Rockstar' is soul stirring: Anurag Kashyap - Nov 11, 2011
- Tony Blair laughs off suggestions he plagiarized Queen meeting - Sep 14, 2010
- Review Of Guzaarish: Undeniable Wonder By Sanjay Leela Bhansali - Nov 19, 2010
- Woman bank employee arrested for killing colleague - Jul 17, 2010
- Darsheel Safary returns with 'Bumm Bumm Bole' (IANS Preview) - May 10, 2010
- Madhur Bhandarkar: Dil Toh Bachcha Hai Ji A Comedy Set To Shock Audiences - Jan 17, 2011
- Doctor commits suicide, blames wife - Oct 19, 2010
- Onion Sportsdome has everyone in splits - Jan 12, 2011
Tags: annoyance, art student, caricatures, cashier, central london, foster brother, freshness, gaylord, hotel palace, indian origin, introvert, life changes, londoner, love story, medhi, pathak, rajat, real friends, stand up comedian, young art